13| Letter Of Gloom

Angelo

I practically fly to my speakeasy. It really has become my safe space in such a short amount of time. Every little inch of it really is a fairytale. The location, interior and staff are all phenomenal. I'm super proud of everything me and my team have accomplished so far.

Things can only get better

These people are most definitely my family away from home. It isn't even an exaggeration. The other day I had felt extremely homesick, a deep feeling of helplessness engulfed me like the plague. I was stuck in such a slump, maybe even borderline spiralling.

This led to my employees throwing me an after-hours surprise party. It was such an amazing experience, something I will really treasure for a long time.

All the little details of the party still make me feel immense giddiness inside. A mix of happiness and lightheadedness. From the white and gold decorations to the strawberry tarts, they had got everything absolutely spot on.

It has been such a short amount of time since I arrived here, but every single person has taken the time out to get to know me. Throughout the party, people randomly came up to me and told me their reasoning for throwing my party.

"You're amazingly kind."
"We know you you're from a different country but we wanted you to feel at home here"
"You looked a bit down the other day."
"Best boss ever!"

Those are just a few kind words from supposed strangers. Yet strangely they weren't strangers anymore, far from it.

Originally, I came to the speakeasy for the purpose of completing a few small tasks. Looking around at all the kind faces, I realise there's something else to do.

I have to thank these amazing people that excel in what they do. People could easily point out that they do it for money. That wouldn't be wrong but no one pays them for being great human beings.

" Spencer , can you please gather everyone up for me."

Standing near the dance floor, my people surround me with big smiles.

"Hey everyone! I just want to thank you all for the work you put in to make opening night amazing. I couldn't have done it without each and every one of you. E-magazine wants to put Pearlescent on the front cover."

The room explodes into cheers and claps as I continue, "Anyway keep up the great work everyone. We have our theme night coming up as well. That's all, I'll let you all get back to work."

They all disperse as I feel a warm feeling of contentedness drown me. In school, teachers would repeatedly ask you where you imagine yourself in 5 years. This is exactly what I had imagined and more. Minus the no family part.

I practically skip to my office, feeling a rare high of happiness. It's almost as if I'm a child again. The room is a combination grandeur and modern. Two things that shouldn't work together but in this case they really do.

All the walls are painted the darkest shade of blue with golden accents. A tear drop chandelier really adds an element of excitement. I jump into my swivel chair, situated next to a large cream desk. Admiring the room, I feel power course through my body like it's been injected into my bloodstream.

You're in control Angelo, look at you now.

My boss moment is cruelly snatched away when I notice a envelope on my desk. Obviously, I open it. It must be for me if it's on my desk.