14| Psycho Ex

Aleksandr

Monday afternoons are normally something very ordinary for me. Not today.

Security informed me that a very angry Angelo had shown up outside my house. Let's just say shock and excitement instantly filled my body. In my mind, there was no doubt but to let him in immediately.

Let me tell you, the struggle to make him believe me wasn't easy. He's currently sitting right next to me like butter wouldn't melt. It's almost as if he's purposefully leaning into me. His arm is slyly rubbing against mine, the softness of skin seeping through a thin shirt. I've never hated clothing as much as I do right now.

I wholeheartedly believe he's purposefully trying to rile me up.

A very sneaky angel indeed.

"Ok, I believe you," he softly mumbles almost looking shy.

Now, this really is solar systems away from his normal feistiness. The boy before me looks completely lost. Set adrift on a tortuous journey in his own mind.

All I want is for him to feel safe again in this city. Maybe I can help him find the culprit. Clearly, whoever did this is a pathetic child. Going out of your way to make someone leave a city, it's almost as if you believe you own it.

Fuck. I know exactly who it is.

All the pieces fit perfectly. The truth is as clear as an idyllic summers day. One name is ringing frantically in my head.

Adrian.

Dimitri's chat with his parents hasn't knocked a few brain cells into him. I'm no one's possession. Time to action, but first how would I deal with the sweet boy in front of me.

Shall I send him on a wild goose chase? I can't. It seems too cruel plus he'll get tired.

Shall I tell him to leave? Definitely not. That would make it seem like I want him gone.

My only option left is to tell Angelo the truth. All about Adrain and his obsessive behaviour. Oh, the torture.

"I know who sent you that letter Angel," I reveal as his face takes on a look of confusion.

"Who?" He inquires curiously. I don't miss the hint of anger in his tone. I hope he doesn't think I'm close with this person.

Plus he needs to stay the hell away from that brat. God knows what evil plans he has for Angelo.

"Promise me you won't confront this person as you did me," I gently plead looking directly into his beautiful eyes.

My Angel sends me a scowl as I continue, "This person is dangerous angel."

"This person threatened me Aleksander," he mocks me in a sweet tone.

He stands his ground like he always does. It's an insanely attractive quality I admire immensely. For this problem, I would love for him to take a step back and let me handle it. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

"I'm protecting you."

My response is firm. Not a lie in sight. The thought of him getting threatened or worse by Adrian really rubbed me up the wrong way. I've never once in my entire life felt this unsettled before. I hate this type of vulnerability the most.

"I'm perfectly capable of doing that myself, " he murmurs confidently, whilst playing with his fingers.

My hand slowly finds his luscious and silky thigh. Almost as if it sang a seductive siren's song to lure me in. This is temptation at its finest. I start to swiftly rub small circles over the annoying fabric. Slowly and gently. The warmth his body gives me in return is hypnotising. If this is the sensation of touching such a small amount, imagine touching the rest of him.