12| Dark Room

* TW: Claustrophobia

Angelo

Where am I? 

Nothing is clear, I'm completely engulfed by the darkness. It's like a blanket wrapping itself around me. I can see nothing at all. Not even the outline of my own arms, as I wave them in front of me. It's as if the air in my lungs has been drained. Oxygen is cruelly stolen away. The feeling of utter helplessness possesses my mind and body like a lost spirit.

What events led me to this moment?

As every second passes, it feels as if the walls are closing in on me. Torturing me slowly. I can't physically see any walls but oddly I can feel them there. Absolutely ruthless and cunning.

I have to leave. Right now. But how can I?

My breath echoes loudly, it sounds frantic and afraid. I try to feel for anything to indicate I'm on earth at the very least. The only thing I can feel is my own hot breath against my boiling skin. At this rate, I'm melting. A volcano ready to erupt at any moment.

My orbs are met with a truly shocking sight. A figure of a person. Somehow this strange silhouette is lit up with a spotlight. It's the only thing I can see. My curiosity skyrockets, as this person starts walking towards me.

Step by step.

As they come closer, I take the opportunity to analyse the face. To my complete horror, it's unrecognisable. A blurry image covers the face completely. It's almost like a mask but this one is eery. Freaky almost.

Not a single noise is coming from them. I feel like I'm in a movie where no one can talk. It's deadly silent, only adding to my immense fear. As they creepily stalk towards me, I start to hyperventilate. I'm holding my breath as if making a sound would quicken my impending doom. How long can I prolong the inevitable?

That's when I catch a small glint, shimmering like the rarest silver. My heart explodes like a million raging fireworks. An inferno of horror building up in the pit of my stomach.

It's a knife.

The object is something simple, that's used on a daily basis. In this situation, it holds a totally different motive, pain and suffering.

The danger is imminent. Alarm bells ringing frantically in my head, like the bells at church but on drugs.

What did I do to deserve this?

I can't think of any reason. My mind is as blank as a painter's empty canvas...Or a nights sky, free of any stars. It's almost as if someone has pressed delete on all my past memories.

There's only one reasonable course of action, something I'll probably regret in the near future...To call for help but in my case to scream. The noise that leaves me is both earth-shattering and ear-piercing at the same time. I'm sure people on the other side of the world can hear it. Hopefully, it alerts people to get me out of here...away from this horrifying demon.

The figure looks me up and down then starts to cackle maniacally at my fear. The sound reminds me of intimidating thunder...Strong and truly evil. This only serves to heighten my fear more than it is already.