20| 10 Seconds

Angelo

My breathing slowly evens out, as my trembling hands slowly reach for my phone. It takes so much effort but I know it'll be worth it.

I'm not surprised at all when he answers after only one ring.

"Angel, is everything okay?"

"A-Aleksander...I n-need your help," I almost sob out, the desperation in my voice trickling out. I'm an overflowing ocean ready to tip over at any point.

As soon as the words leave my mouth, the sound of the car door opening and slamming shut fills my ears. I find myself eagerly concentrating on the sounds, trying to pull myself from spiralling too far. His heavy and quick footsteps reassure me that he's close.

"I'm coming," he announces unaware of just how much his voice is comforting me.

I'm a sweaty, trembling mess but all I want is to be in his arms. For once the light at the end of the tunnel has never shone brighter.

I realise that to be saved, he needs to know exactly where I am. "They've locked me in a shed."

"Count to ten, I'll be there when you finish," he promises me in the sincerest tone possible,

Normal me would've laughed at his silly request but scared Angelo needs this. My lifeline. My burning hope. I begin childishly counting as the noises through the phone continue.

1

The sound of more footsteps put me on high alert. They remind me of the pitter-patter of rainfall. Quick and alarming. I'm the one locked up but your breathing is scaring me.

2

I hear loud knocks through the phone. If the knocks could be one human emotion I'd say anger. But why is he angry for little old me?

3

He orders someone to get their gun out. The particular tone his voice takes is something I've not heard before. It's cold and ruthless.

4

Strangely, I don't feel scared knowing he's got a gun. Instead, one feeling grips me tightly and that is safety, My only wish is that he doesn't get hurt in the process

5

More frantic knocks, I swear if he doesn't stop the door will break. The man and women are arguing again. How childish. They do eventually open the door, after several painful creaks.

6

I hear my Aleksander ask "Where is he? You have 2 seconds" in a deep voice that has me shivering. It's not the time to be feeling this way and definitely not fair he always does this to me. I should sue him.

7

The Gunshots knock me right out of my pleasure-filled fantasy and alert me to the actual danger we're in.

8

I realise a breath of relief when the gunshots start to become much fainter. I'm glad he's safe. Away from guns. They equal bullets that cause death.

9

The prison door starts rattling like crazy.

10

He's here.
I'm safe.

His handsome face greats me as dazzling light trickles in giving me safety. There's nothing better than him coming for me. The feeling of hope, want and need take control over me.

So when he comes closer to me, I don't argue about personal space.

When he picks me up, I don't tell him to put me down.

And when he kisses my forehead, I don't stop him.

A/N:
The first chapter of the new year! I hope you are all well.

This was short because it's mimicking the title, it actually took 10 seconds.

If you liked this chapter, please support the story by voting and commenting.

Thank you for reading :)