19| Evilest Of Them All

TW: Mentions Of Abuse

Angelo

The chilly autumn breeze furiously tickles my body. I'm cold but my heart is on fire with determination to help Mika. My breath creates a cold white puff of smoke near my face, something I'd always loved doing as a child.

I'm at the door but I can't bring myself to knock.

How do you reason with abusers? The worst people of society would not just simply roll over and give me what I want. I know that some sort of confrontation will ensue but I'm more than ready to give them a piece of my mind.

Maybe my anger is stemming from my own painful past. Bucketfuls of betrayal dowsed in a waterfall of pain. I've been there.

The people I trusted most in the world killed my inner child. The innocent blue-eyed boy that loved music and art exists no more. Not even in the darkest deepest corners of my trauma filled mind.

I'm too far gone to be saved. My demons might have taken control of me but I won't allow Mika's to do the same to him. I'll get rid of them all so he can live a normal life.

Feeling motivated, I decide to take one more peek at Aleksander. Only to be on the safe side he isn't following me. He's watching me intently. His eyes greet me in a way they've never done before. Warning me, begging me to stay safe.

It's like he's scanning my body. Predicting my actions before I've had a chance to move. He's curiously analysing the entire situation. Like an inferno to my soul, his eyes burn every single inch of me.

Alas, I can't get lost in those green emeralds this time. I have someone relying on me. Mika trusted me and I wouldn't let him down like I let myself down.

With newfound swiftness and a promise ingrained in my mind, I continue with my mission. My fist lands on the door alerting the monsters that I've arrived.

Too late to back out now

It's about to go down for a second time, but I instantly freeze when loud voices become audible. The closer they get, the more I can make out two people are arguing.

A man and a woman.

"It's been a couple of days and he's not back."

Definitely about Mika.

"I told you to stop but you didn't. He's probably with the police."

'Probably' Ha! don't make me laugh. Acting as if hurting him isn't a crime.

"What do you think the brat is up to?"