34| Jealousy, Jealousy

Angelo

"Let me go you stupid man."

His palms are firmly resting on my ass, fingers occasionally tapping to the faint beat of music from the club. He's already exploring me like he me owns me. The sanest option would be to put an end to it but I don't. My legs obviously move on their own accord, wrapping around his firm torso.

It's definitely to stabilise myself to avoid falling. No other reason.

A stupid smirk has been permanently etched on his face since we left the dance floor. We finally reach the end of the hallway, coming face to face with a large almost metallic door. Two men wearing suits great him, they were standing directly in front of the door so I'm assuming they're security.

"Sir, there's an update," one of the guards cautiously informs him. I can't help but listen extra closely, my nosy ass craves every speck of information about Aleksander.

We step inside, by that I mean Aleksander because he is still yet to release my body. I'm above the ground, wrapped up in his strong arms, what more could a boy ask for?

"Not now."

"Sir, it's I-I."

Aleksander interrupts him. "What point of not fucking now do you not understand."

He's never raised his voice in front of me before. His sudden outburst should terrify me but the weirdest thing is that it doesn't. It makes my stomach twist in this unusual way.

"Sorry Sir." The man quickly apologises, shutting the door.

I look around, we're in his office. It's decorated exactly how I'd imagine, it's an extension of the man before me. He carries me towards the desk and releases me directly on top of it. Aleksander is standing right in front of me, we're too close. But unlike with that man on the dance floor, this feels perfect.

Maybe too perfect, I'm still waiting for the moment I'm pinched and I wake up.

"There was no need for that," We make eye contact and it's as if he's staring into my bruised soul. Part of me just wants to push his buttons. I bite the bullet and reprimand him. "You overreacted."

"For what?" He immediately questions me like some type of detective desperately attempting to discover the motive of my annoyance.

"All of it, shouting at the man on the dance floor, dragging me here, and just now."

"First of, telling him to leave doesn't concern you."

Why did it hurt when he said that?

"I didn't drag you, I carried you. It seemed like you enjoyed it, my sweet Angel."

"That's not true." I argue pathetically. First rule, never show that you like them more than they like you.

"You have many talents," he starts with his goddam perfect smirk. "But lying isn't one of them."

I could see the hidden meaning behind his words, I try my hardest to hide the smile forming on my face. I'm breaking the second rule, never show that that their words affect you.

"He was touching you and it messed with my head, I tried hard to stay away but it's impossible."

"And? I don't belong to you."

Aleksander brings himself closer to me, his voice deepens. "That's where your mistaken angel."

" I'm not going down that road with you." My voice breaks. "You've hurt me."

"In what way?" Aleksander asks, genuine concern lacing his voice. In my heart, I hope that sincerity is real and not an act. It wouldn't be the first time I've fallen for sweet words.