36| Absolute Carnage

Aleksander

My obsession towards him should be a nuisance but in reality it's the only thing keeping me grounded. It gives me peace, something that I've never had that pleasure of tasting.

He's the exact opposite of that right now. Fear cruelly absorbs every inch of him. I utterly despise seeing this look on my angel's pretty face. I'd do anything for this to end right away.

I imagined it in my mind.

Probably more than a million times at this point. This situation, sometimes slightly altered played in my mind on repeat. Like a broken record player, constantly on repeat haunting me.

I tried my hardest to make sure he didn't see this room. To protect from everything dangerous and evil.

But the sneaky little thing tricked me.

I'm not surprise, I wouldn't expect anything less from him.I should be used to him by now but he surprises me with every action. Every beautiful word from his soft lips. He's a far cry from that right now.

His face is full of terror.

I wish we could rewind this dreaded day, he would be a thousand miles from this place. But it's too fucking late and there's no one to blame but myself.

There's scarlet blood splattered on the walls and countless bodies spread across the floor. This terror was caused by one individual. I have my guesses on who it could be, I know for a fact it's linked with the person that shot Dimitri.

It occurred at exactly midnight and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this was planned.

It never should have happened.

My men had informed me that a gun man snook through security and somehow open fired on the club. It perplexes me because this place has the best bouncers in the city. I know for a fact that more people are involved in this incident.

An entire web of rats that need weeding out.

People that made it out alive recounted that that the shooter looked bloodthirsty and deranged. Clearly, he was hired by the individuals. Innocent people are dead but the thing that kills me the most is Angelo. If I hadn't lifted him away, would it have been him?

Are they after him?

I wouldn't know what to do if he was the target. I could always lock him up in my house, but something tells me that my feisty angel wouldn't take that.

He'd make the perfect Donna but I'm not prepared to bring something so pure into this disgusting world.

The question is who would do this?

All I can do is comfort this delicate angel right in front of me. It takes me, a few seconds to pull him into my arms. I tighten my hold around him.

I've never been religious but if there is a higher power, I'm forever indebted. I'm glad he wasn't taken from me. We don't know each other as much as I'd like to but I'll always be grateful he's in my life.

I'm lucky and it's time I start showing him.

It's time to make him mine.

It kills me to think that he'll soon realise that the bloody sight in front of him is what my world is. He'd leave me in a heartbeat and that's not something I can risk. I'm not going to lie to him, my plan is to conceal the truth.

How would his precious heart fair if he knew I was a  monster?

A Mafia Don

Angelo cuddled into my arms, oblivious to my torturous thoughts.