𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

002

002. A LITTLE MISCOMMUNICATION

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

He had expected wisps of her brown hair to float in the breeze as her brown eyes met his with defiance; however, he was shocked to his core when instead a pair of glowing violet eyes stared at him with fear. He was annoyed and confused to see not Rey, but a complete stranger before him. The wind blew her white hair straight into her face destroying the image of grace that his mind had created. Kylo Ren quickly realized that he had made a mistake as he had assumed this scavenger scum was the force-sensitive resistance fighter that he had been chasing down. Although originally wrong, Rey had to have been near, he had sensed her or so he believed. He released a shout of frustration and freed the girl from his grasp, which he would quickly come to regret as perhaps he wasn't wrong to chase her down after all.

The familiar sound of a blade igniting caught his ear a moment too late as the saber connected with the back of his head. Fortunately, he'd reconstructed his helmet, otherwise the First Order would be searching for another new Supreme Leader to control their empire. As his helmet split in half and crashed to the ground in front of him, he turned to face the girl with his own ignited blade. He could sense her fear as she stood only a few feet away. Although the purple hue of her blade was intriguing, he chuckled as he noticed her poor stance and defensive posture.

"I'll give you one chance to surrender or you'll be fated to a most painful death," he placed his offer out in the open as he turned off his lightsaber.

However, rather than accept, the girl screamed and sprinted toward him with an enraged spirit as if the fear she had experienced moments before never existed, "Ben Solo!"

He had just enough time to reignite his blade to deflect her aggressive attack. He was caught entirely off guard as only a few knew his birth name and he was absolutely certain that a scavenger girl from Jedha should not be one of those few. Her attacks pushed him further and further back until he was on the verge of losing his balance as he stood on the edge of the rooftops. With a swift motion of her hand, he was forced backward and fell harshly onto the ground of the marketplace below. It appeared that after the girl's great outburst, she had quickly grown tired as his troops were able to overcome her and force her down from the rooftops with little fight.

Kylo Ren slowly stood and tried to brush himself off to regain the dignity that he had seemingly lost when he greatly underestimated his opponent. Perhaps he had noticed this girl's connection to the force and Rey was nowhere near this blasted planet. He quickly approached his subdued attacker and lifted her face from the ground. He looked her over and wrinkled his nose in disdain.

"Who are you?"

Despite her fatigued exterior, rage burned in her eyes, "I don't have to answer to the likes of you, Ben Solo."

He flinched at his name, "Stop calling—as your Supreme Leader you are obligated to provide any information or face the consequences."

"You were scarier with the bucket on your head."

He snatched her lightsaber hilt from the nearby trooper and held it inches from her face, "Where did you get this?"

"It's mine," she then looked up to face him, "you were there when I made it."

Kylo Ren took a step back as he was suddenly forced to remember who this girl was. A long-forgotten memory, but certainly a nuisance now.

"Evangeline Plutarch," he seemed to whisper her name, "How—"

"How am I alive?" she finished his question, "Well it certainly didn't help that you dropped a building on me."

Before Kylo Ren could retort, the same trooper as before cautiously approached him, "Sir..."

"What?"

"The cargo freight has been stolen... Should we send reinforcements?"

"Of course you should!" he snapped, "Do I need to do everything for you?!"

The trooper raised his finger as if forming another question.

"What are you waiting for?" he screamed at them, "Go!"

He turned back to meet the smug expression of the girl before him. He frowned but quickly tried to neutralize his expression once he remembered that his helmet was currently in several pieces on the floor rather than covering his head.

"Despite how enjoyable this reunion has been," he spoke between grit teeth, "it appears I have more important matters to attend to."

"This is so not over," she muttered under her breath as a pair of handcuffs were placed around her wrists.

"Keep a close eye on her," he ordered the nearest trooper, "I want her brought aboard The Supremacy."

Kylo Ren then dramatically turned away with a swish of his cape and proceeded back toward his starship to take care of the other problems that had begun to pile up. However, much to his annoyance, that same trooper had returned for a third time.

He sighed with exasperation, "What do you want? I thought you had been sent to deal with the stolen cargo freight?"

"The problem is being taken care of as we speak, Supreme Leader," the trooper responded.

"Then what do you need?" he asked with little patience and a hint of a threat.

"It's General Hux, Sir," the trooper's voice grew shaky, "He demands you answer his holocall."

Kylo Ren froze at the word 'demands'. No one demanded anything of him. He was the Supreme Leader, in charge of the entire First Order which included Hux himself. He'd certainly have to ensure the General understood this when he returned. He noted that perhaps it was time for a change in the leadership of his followers. He refused to allow these matters to remain out of hand anymore.