𝟎𝟎𝟖. 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

008

008. HIGH ON ADRENALINE

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

Was this how the plan was supposed to go? No. It was not supposed to involve avoiding blaster fire as he searched for Poe with BB-8 rolling at his heels. However, not a single plan had gone accordingly that day, so why did he really expect this one to be any different. Finn briefly sighed with relief when he spotted the interrogation chambers. He quickly entered the room and closed the door after BB-8 followed him into the room. He turned around and faced a shocked trooper. Quickly pulling out the blaster he had stolen, Finn stunned the guard and then faced BB-8.

"Make sure they can't follow us in here."

Ignoring the series of chirps that followed his instructions, Finn rushed into each individual room until he spotted Poe. He quickly made his way over and unstrapped him from the table.

"It's alright, Poe," Finn attempted to reassure the pilot, "We're going to get you out of here."
Poe's eyes were slightly glassed over as he woke up; furthermore, his legs immediately gave out as he stood up and as a result he dropped to the ground.

"Oomph," Finn grunted as he clearly had not expected Poe to drop so abruptly, "How drugged are you? You know what, nevermind, we need to get out of here."

Finn, Poe, and BB-8 managed to sneak out the back entrance of the interrogation labs and quietly made their way back to the ship that remained parked in the hangar. Once on board, Finn set Poe down and took a deep breath to relax.

"Alright, let's go," Finn then frowned as BB-8 refused to move, "We've got everything. What are you waiting for?—What do you mean Rey is here?! Yes we're going to get her!"

Finn did his best to interpret the quick series of chirps, but it quickly became difficult as BB-8 was clearly upset. However, it seemed he wouldn't need to translate much longer as Poe quickly sat up and snapped out of his drugged state in a bit of mild panic. Finn quickly rushed over to calm him down.

"Hey, it's alright," Finn again reassured the pilot, "You're alright."

Poe nodded his head and formed the biggest smile when he saw his droid, "Little Buddy! You made it!"

Finn nodded, "Great reunion, but we really need to find Rey and get out of here."

"Good idea," Poe agreed before stopping to process what Finn had said, "Wait, Rey? What's Rey doing out here?"

"Apparently she'd been sent to get us," Finn explained, "BB-8 try to find Rey so we can grab her, get the blazes out of this place, and never return—emphasis on never return!"

Poe nodded as he headed for the cockpit, "Great plan, Finn. I'll fly!"

"Woah, woah, woah," Finn quickly rushed after him, "Hang on a minute. No offense but I don't trust you to fly this thing after how drugged I found you. Are you up to manning the weapons?"

Poe frowned but nodded his head, "Yeah, I can do that."

BB-8 delivered a quick tweet to signal that he had located Rey. After receiving the coordinates on the ship, Finn quickly input them and rashly began to fly the ship throughout the halls of the dreadnought.

"Hey, Finn," Poe hollered from the weapons cockpit, "This is a terrible and ill-conceived plan... I love it!"

Finn ignored the comment and spoke aloud to himself, "We're coming, Rey."

"Hey, Finn," Poe called out again, "There's a wall!"

"I see it," Finn replied but proceeded to fly straight into the wall.

It immediately gave way to the weight of the craft and the ship entered the room to quite the site. Some cloaked figure, Kylo Ren, the girl from the marketplace, and Rey were all hooked up to some bizarre looking contraption. Despite not understanding the full context of the situation, Finn could see that the contraption was quite near overheating and blowing up. Finn quickly parked the ship and yanked Poe down the ramp to exit the craft.

"We need to get Rey out of—whatever it is that she's hooked up to!" Finn shouted over the machine, "Light 'em up, Poe! Fifty credits if you hit Ren."

It was evident that Poe was clearly still under the effects of the serum since he laughed like a maniac and immediately sent a barrage of blaster fire toward the machine. Finn quickly joined him, hoping that they'd damage the machine just enough to make it unoperational; however, it worked a bit too well as the machine blew up and sent each individual in the room sprawling to a different corner. Finn quickly stood and sprinted through the smoke over to where Rey lay unconscious. He quickly scooped her up in his arms and stood to make his way back to Poe; however, as the smoke cleared from the room Admiral Dangir stood with a squad of troops and they were quickly surrounded in all directions. It only seemed like a matter of moments before they were apprehended and led back toward the cell that he had originally escaped from.

"That was a terrible plan," Poe chuckled as he whispered to Finn who simply hung his head and sighed.