𝟎𝟏𝟎. 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜

010

010. NEVER TRUST A MYSTIC

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

"What is your plan now?"

He looked over at her with a frown, "It is none of your concern, Witch."

"I only ask because you claim to be so desperate for answers, but you refuse to know once you have them."

Seth shook his head, "The girl interfered. I lost it all."

"How do you know all is lost if you have yet to seek?"

"I'll find another way, leave it alone."

The Mirialan shook her head as she walked away from the Supreme Leader. She stopped inches away from the large scorch mark that coated the ground. She chuckled quietly to herself.

"What is it?"

"You were so focused on the girl from Jakku that you underestimated the follower of Bendu's teachings."

"You made no mention of Bendu!" Seth glared.

She shook her head again, "Anyone capable of bridging the path between the light and the dark side of the force follow his teachings. Whether they are aware of this fact is another matter entirely."

"It would have been useful information beforehand."

"You refused to listen."

Seth sighed with exasperation, "What are you doing over there?"

"Can you not feel it?" Nim faced him, "No, I suppose you can not."

"Feel what?" he asked, irritated.

"Imbalance."

"Well if it does not immediately affect me, I'm not concerned," he stated.

She shook her head for a third time, "You should be since it will determine the outcome of your search."

He huffed before approaching her, "If you have something to say, Witch, say it and be done with it."

"When all has fallen, again you come to me seeking answers," the witch shook her head with a chuckle, "Yet I always tell you the same thing."

"I know," he growls, "Only I can find the answers that I seek. Yet, I only grow tired of your games and remain without answers."

"Perhaps you should try harder," she chuckled again.

He glared before stopping beside her. It was faint but he did indeed notice a disturbance in the force. It was strange that the disturbance was only detected when he had moved to stand beside the witch, but he could certainly blame the effects on her personal magic. Imbalance was the word she had used, but to him it felt like the opposite. It felt like the absence of both light and dark.

He surveyed the area and much to his displeasure the hole in the nearby wall had yet to be fixed. The scent of the room wasn't an issue, but the scorch marks tainted the image of control that he wanted to convey whenever someone were to enter the room and approach his throne. However, something did catch his eye. Although most of the machinery had been removed, a few power cells from the generator had yet to be vacated. He raised an eyebrow and slowly approached one in particular that glowed a pale violet hue. He was drawn to it.

He reached out a hand and a gasp escaped his lips as he touched the canister. He had tasted only a fraction of this power earlier when he and the other three had been connected to the machine. But now that he was able to feel it on his own without hindrance, it was unlike anything he had felt before. However, he was forced to quickly remove his hand as the sensation of the power increased and began to drain him of his own energy to add to its supply. He took a few deep breaths to regain his composure before a grin formed on his face. A deep laugh then followed as he was delighted to discover that he hadn't completely failed after all. He then quickly exited the room to address the troopers that stood guard outside.

"Have the remaining power cells brought to my personal chambers," he ordered.

The witch followed, her curiosity evident, "What is your plan now?"

"The same as it has always been," he relished in his small victory, "I will have my answers."