𝟎𝟒𝟎. 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐬

040

040. IDENTITY CRISIS

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

Seth froze at the sound of her voice. He lifted a hand and the pair of stormtroopers behind him halted. He'd given up trying to learn their call signs, there were far too many numbers and too many troopers to remember them all. The beat of his heart quickened as he knew what he had to do, but did he have the strength to do it... that was left up in the air.

He took a deep breath, readjusted the hood of his cloak, and stepped out into the clearing. The area was covered in mist, making it impossible to see anything yet he knew she was near by the increasing sound of her voice.

"Revertatur retro horologium. Emendandum vinculum et prope pontem. Reparare fractum tempus. Frangere his terrenis vinculis et posuit spiritus libero... Hello, dear child."

Seth quickly turned and found that he was face to face with the witch. His breathing hitched, but he was able to conceal it as he ignited his blade.

"Have you come to kill me?" She tilted her head, but her hands continued to move as she kept the spell intact.

"If that is where my path leads me." He nodded his head. "You're the one that let it come to this... you wanted to be taken away."

The witch's expression remained neutral, giving nothing away. "No. Your obsession brought you to this. You do not have to do this; we both know it will only lead to your destruction."

"Then why take me in if not to lead up to this moment?" Seth practically pleaded for her to step aside with his eyes.

"I saw greatness in you." A soft smile formed at the witch's lips. "And I pitied your pain, knowing it well myself."

"You know what I must do."

"Why prolong it then?"

Seth lifted the hilt above his head and swung the blade down, closing his eyes in the process. However, when he opened them, he was all alone. The witch was gone and as he checked his shoulder, his guards were gone as well. He turned in a full circle and released a frustrated shout.

"Quiet, boy."

Seth froze. He slowly turned around, dreading the individual who had spoken. Although he was not entirely present, Seth still shuddered at the shadow of Snoke towering over him. As if sensing his fear, the shadow shook and quaked with laughter until it receded in size. Now several inches shorter than him, the shadow grinned and took a bow.

"Impressive, huh?"

Seth frowned. "What are you?"

"I'm called Draven, and I'll be your guide on this journey of self-discovery."