𝟎𝟒𝟐. 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧

042

042. MOVING ON

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

The moment that Kylo Ren had left the world between worlds, he had taken what he had presumed was his right. The guards had only stood in a stupor for a moment, but a five second force choke was enough to snap them out of their daze. He had insisted that they lead him back to their ship and they had obliged the moment they were told of Supreme Leader Seth's fate. There was only one thing that he felt had been left unresolved, and by luck or the force, he stumbled right upon that very issue.

The General and the Admiral, arm in arm. He frowned, but satisfaction was evident in his eyes as he noticed that their posture stiffened. The Admiral looked beyond him at the pair of stormtroopers at his sides. "Where's Seth?"

"Dead."

Hux flinched, as he should. He seemed to recognize the poor situation that he had put himself in. Kylo Ren gestured for the two of them to join him. "I'm willing to overlook your insolence for the time being, General."

"Thank you, Supreme—"

"But," Kylo Ren faced him and threatened, "if you ever try something like this again, your fate will be far worse than the last two Supreme Leaders."

The Admiral glared but remained silent.

Kylo Ren then faced her and explained his intentions. "You will of course be demoted, considering the circumstances of your promotion to be anything other than standard regulation."

She nodded her head in silence, but led the way back toward the ship. Kylo Ren took a breath of the fresh air around him. It felt good to be back. Now, he just needed to ignore the strings tugging at his heart.

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

Rey raised an eyebrow as Finn and Poe quickly walked past her down the corridor of the ship. "Where are the two of you off to in such a hurry?"

Poe grinned; his excitement poorly hidden. "The General tasked us with finding a new base for us to lie low for a while."

"How exciting," she chuckled, but it was obvious she was being sarcastic.

Finn pointed a finger toward her. "You know what? After everything we've been through these past few days, I'm ready for a peaceful mission."

Rey couldn't contain her laughter. "With the two of you, it will be anything but peaceful."

BB-8 seemed to chime in agreement as he rolled up alongside Poe.

"I wish you luck though," Rey grinned, "Force knows you'll need it."