𝟎𝟑𝟔. 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐜𝐲

036

036. INVASION OF PRIVACY

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

Finn looked around the room in confusion. He could've sworn that he'd been standing in the cargo hold about two seconds ago. However, he clearly wasn't there anymore. He checked his shoulder as an inaudible whisper brushed his ear. He shuddered when there was no one present.

"Hello?" his voice quivered and echoed around the expanse.

As if responding to his voice, a pinprick of light began to glow at what he assumed to be the other end of the room. He took a step forward but tripped on something underneath his feet. His body slammed into the ground, and he placed a hand to his head to help the disoriented feeling fade. He sat up and turned to see what he'd stepped on. His eyes widened as he then realized that he hadn't tripped over anything; instead, something had grabbed him.

His breathing quickened as the light behind him increased and revealed a hand devoid of flesh and muscle. The bones wrapped around his ankle and strengthened their grip as he put in more effort to escape their clutch. He frantically looked around for something that might help him pry free, but that's when he noticed the hand wasn't the only skeleton in the room. Several withered figures began to crawl their way toward him, and he shrieked. He scrambled backward in a frenzy as more hands clawed at him.

The original source of light grew brighter as he drew closer. Seeing the entrance to the other room, he made his way to his feet and sprinted forward. Without hesitation, he closed the door behind him and pressed his back against it to prevent anything else from following him through. After the initial pounding on the other side of the door stopped, he slowly slid down to his knees and pulled them close to his chest, burying his face in them as well.

"I suppose the skeletons in my closet are nastier than others."

Finn looked up, his eyes still wide; however, that's when he noticed the mesh in front of his face that concealed both his identity and the identity of the figure looming overhead. The cloak extended a hand and Finn hesitantly accepted it.

"We have much to discuss," the figure added and gestured for Finn to follow, "This way."

Finn raised an eyebrow but did as instructed and followed the other figure. He was forced to shudder as they passed by several rooms much like the one he'd woken up inside. Although none of them were the same as the others, each room possessed creatures far more horrifying than the next. Finn looked forward and was forced to pick up the pace of his walk as he noticed that whoever the figure leading was pulling ahead with no intention of slowing down. Finn opened his mouth to ask a question but discovered that he was unable make any sound at all. His hands drifted up around his throat as he made an attempt to clear it; however, even then he remained silent. Growing panicked, Finn tried to pull the mesh of the cloak away from his face that remained in place as well.