𝟎𝟎𝟔. 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧

006

006. A POORLY EXECUTED RESCUE PLAN

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

"You're absolutely certain this is the right place?"

A series of displeased chirps alerted Rey that the droid did not appreciate being questioned.

"I just wanted to make sure before we landed aboard the dreadnought," Rey replied uneasily, "I really hate this ship."

As they landed, BB-8 released another series of chirps that seemed to wish her luck on her venture.

"Thanks," she retorted half-heartedly as she gathered a few supplies laying about the ship.

She surveyed the surrounding area. Once she was certain that a squadron of stormtroopers wasn't going to check out the disturbance, she carefully left the ship and began her search for Finn and Poe. She made sure that she was constantly checking her surroundings since she didn't have a single good memory aboard this ship. If Finn and Poe were on board, she needed to hurry for their sake more than her own.

"The trouble those two always find themselves in...," she muttered to herself before checking with BB-8, "Did you say they were in sector A-17?"

She quickly moved her comm away from her ear as she received yet another series of unpleasant beeps.

"I know, I know," she tried to explain between his chirps, "Would you listen to me? The cell is empty. No, they are not inside. Yes, I checked! I understand this sets us behind schedule. I'll meet up with you at the rendezvous and we'll reorganize."

Rey frowned as she turned off her commlink and checked the empty cell once more. Either the two had escaped or they had been sent to a fate much worse than a simple cell. She'd probably have to check the interrogation chambers first if it had been discovered that the two were important figures in the resistance. However, as she turned to go, she felt something tugging her in the opposite direction. Although she knew she should go, she allowed the call to lead her to the cell across from the one she had been standing near. She input the proper actions on the control panel and the door slid open.

"Hello?" Rey questioned as she looked inside.

No one was visible, but she could feel the other presence within the room. She stepped inside the room, but jumped back startled when someone dropped down from the ceiling. The stranger prepared to defend herself; however, she halted her fist inches from Rey's face.

"You're no buckethead."

"What gave you that impression?" Rey asked sarcastically as she backed away from the girl's fist.

"If you're searching for a pilot and his friend, I'd say you were pushing your luck."

"You've seen them?" Rey asked, now interested.

"No," the girl shook her head, "but I heard as the pilot was dragged off to the interrogation center and I heard a rumor that his friend managed to escape... you with the resistance too?"

"Yes," she nodded, "It seems they couldn't keep their mouths shut... BB-8 we've run into some more complications. Poe's been sent to the interrogation chambers but Finn managed to escape, so keep your eye out for him."

"You got a droid and a ship waiting for you?" the girl raised an eyebrow.

"Did you think I came alone?"

"I certainly hope so," a voice called from behind Rey, "But then again I'm surprised you returned at all."

"Ah the emo nightmare has arrived," the girl said nonchalantly before Rey could respond, "Miss me already, Can Head?"

Rey ignited her lightsaber and placed herself between Ben Solo and the girl, "I hadn't planned on staying long."

The girl appeared extremely intrigued by the blue light that reflected on the dimly lit walls, "I thought you killed them all?"

"Some people are just too stubborn to die," Ben glared at the girl.

Rey raised an eyebrow, "Am I interrupting something?"

"No!" Ben snapped and ignited his own lightsaber before charging at Rey.

The pair allowed their blades to crash against one another and purple sparks flew from the blades as the colors collided. The girl quickly made her way to the back of the cell to avoid the heat of the lasers while the pair dueled in the incredibly small space.

"I'd love to finish what we've started," Ben stated before focusing all of his energy on freezing Rey in her place, "But there are other things that I need to attend to."

"That's a lame excuse," the girl spoke up, "Besides you already used that one on me earlier."

"Shut up!" he snarled, enraged.

The girl scoffed and attempted to cross her arms, but the cuffs around her hands prohibited her from doing so. Ben quickly slipped a pair of cuffs over Rey's wrists before releasing her from his hold. She quickly tried to use the force to shove him backward, but he remained standing still.

"They were made special for the Jedi to prevent them from accessing their power," Ben explained as he led the girls out of the cell toward the throne room, "Created on the planet of Mandalore back in the day before the Clone Wars."

As they walked down the hall, the girl beside Rey quietly spoke to herself, "First, I'll get my crystal back. Then my lightsaber, my satchel... and Ben's head on a silver platter. I need a large building though, unoccupied, but large nonetheless."

Ben noticeably frowned and snapped, "Would you shut up?"

Rey looked at the two confused, "How exactly do you two know each other?"

"He dropped a building on me."

"It doesn't matter," Ben stated at the same time with a glare.

The doors to the chamber opened and Ben shoved the girl inside before leading Rey herself. Rey looked around confused before her eyes settled on the hooded figure currently sitting in the Supreme Leader's chair. She glanced at Ben curious as to why someone else was sitting in his chair after he had claimed the title as Supreme Leader.

"You must be the jedi I've heard so much about... I have to say I'm quite disappointed as your description was more intimidating; however, you'll play your part quite nicely."