𝟎𝟐𝟎. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬

020

020. CHANGING THE RULES

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

Seth growled with frustration. He had tasted the power, and once he had it was instantly addicting. He was annoyed that he had suddenly been cut off. Even when the voices hadn't crowded around inside his head, he had still been able to feel some sort of connection. But now, he felt absolutely nothing. He didn't understand the power before, but now he was extremely confused since it had disappeared all together.

"You'll shatter your teeth if you keep grinding them like that."

And right on cue the witch had returned to taunt him again. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, but ultimately decided to try and keep his patience this time. He stood from his throne and approached her calmly for the first time.

"What have I done wrong?" he asked, hoping that she would answer.

"Did you stop to think that maybe you haven't done anything," the witch offered, "a bridge can be crossed from either side."

"The girl did something?"

"Well someone had to have."

The riddles were irritating, but he tried to ignore her snark and focus on what she said instead. Perhaps she would grow bored of maintaining her mystique if he refused to give in to her goading.

"I thought you were ready to play the game," the witch eyed him, "yet you are still hesitant."

He took a deep breath before replying in a calm manner, "You have yet to tell me how to play."

"I cannot make any moves for you," she stated, "but I can help guide you."

"Then guide me," he quickly said almost as if he were begging her, "Guide me to the answers that I seek."

The witch eyed him uncertainly before speaking, "You must find the girl. Learn why the voices have stopped. Only then can they return to give you answers."

Seth nodded his head and left the room. He walked down several corridors before stepping foot back on the bridge. The room seemed to tense slightly, but he paid no attention. He did notice that the officer he had disposed of earlier had been removed.

"Have you heard any word from Admiral Dangir or General Hux?"

"Yes, Supreme Leader," an officer answered, "They are set to enter the Sertar Sector within the hour."

"Good," Seth nodded his head, "Alert me when they have landed."

"Yes, Supreme Leader."

Seth stepped outside the room and stopped to look at the troopers standing guard, "The two of you have been with Admiral Dangir since the time of her promotion, yes?"

"Yes, Sir," the one on the right nodded his head curtly.

The other spoke up, "I think she's taken a liking to 3852 and myself, Sir."

Seth didn't care, but decided to remain patient, "Did Admiral Dangir locate Kylo Ren's wayfinder?"

"A-who-da-what-now?"

3852 sighed, "Excuse 2552, Sir. He often doesn't know when to hold his tongue before superior officers. I do not believe that Admiral Dangir nor General Hux located Kylo Ren's wayfinder, Sir."

"And why not?" he asked out loud but didn't necessarily expect an answer.

"Perhaps they were sent to the Florrum system before they could, Sir," 2552 suggested only to receive a smack upside the head from 3852.

"The two of you will continue to search his quarters and will report to me immediately after you find his wayfinder."

"Sir, yes, Sir," they saluted and quickly walked down the hall.

A fresh pair of guards took their place, but Seth hardly noticed as he also left the area and headed back toward his personal chambers. Once inside with the door closed, he rubbed his temples and sighed to release the pent-up tension of keeping his patience. Idiots. He was surrounded by idiots. However, he would only need to put up with them for a little while longer. Once he had the wayfinder and the girl, he could start his search for answers at Exegol.