𝟎𝟑𝟏. 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

031

031. WITCH HUNTING

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

"I never thought that I would wear this armor again," Finn frowned as he held the trooper helmet in front of his face, "This is a terrible plan."

"At least he came up with a plan this time," Evangeline pointed, "From what I've heard, the two of you usually skip the plan and go in guns blazing."

"Not always," Poe disagreed, "We've pulled off covert operations before."

Evangeline raised an eyebrow, unconvinced.

"Let's just get what we came for and get out of here," Finn placed the helmet over his head, "I want to get out of this uniform as soon as I can."

"I don't know," Poe shrugged, "I kind of like it."

Although she couldn't see his face, Evangeline knew Finn was frowning beneath the mask as Poe placed the TIE fighter mask over his head. To get them back on track, Evangeline pulled her hat down tighter and shoved both of them back into the wall as she walked past. She herself wore the standard gray uniform of a higher ranking officer.

"Yeah, there's no way that I'm dressing like a buckethead," she'd protested when Finn originally handed her the trooper armor.

Finn and Poe had to jog to catch back up with her as she boldly walked through the hangar hoping to blend in.

"I have a bad feeling about this," she heard Finn mutter under his breath.

"Quiet," Evangeline hushed him, "We should split up."

Even though he wore a helmet, Finn's shock was visible, "No, we should not split up!"

"We could find her faster."

"And if one of us gets caught?"

"I agree with Finn," Poe interjected, "Splitting up is a bad idea. We need to stick together."

"Of course, you agree with him," Evangeline rolled her eyes, turned to face him, and crossed her arms, "You're obviously biased."

"No, it's the better decision," Finn protested.

"No," she shook her head, "You think it's the safer decision."

"Does it matter?" Poe asked, but ran headfirst into another stormtrooper.

Evangeline wasted no time. Once Poe and Finn had distracted themselves by trying to clear up the misunderstanding, she slowly backed away and separated herself from the group. She didn't want to be troublesome, but she believed that this would be more efficient. These dreadnoughts were huge... not to mention that she worked better alone. At least she thought she did until a hand grabbed her shoulder. She froze momentarily before quickly turning and slamming the guard into the wall. She'd planned to take him out quickly and quietly until he took the mask off and revealed a familiar face beneath.