𝟎𝟎𝟗. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

009

009. I'M SMILING, BUT I STILL HATE YOU

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

Evangeline simply glared. It was all that she could do at the moment. Her hands and legs had individually been chained to the walls, not to mention the metallic mask that covered her mouth. The Mandalorian equipment was infuriating as it prevented her from even attempting an escape. Although she'd had no quarrels with their people before, she'd certainly have a long discussion about the cuffs if she ever met another Mandalorian. Now if being imprisoned was bad enough, she was forced to share her cell. She'd honestly prefer solitary, but that apparently wasn't an option. So, she had resorted to glaring at Ben Solo who had found himself in a similar predicament as she. Of course he had yet to notice since he hadn't awakened from his unconscious state yet. So she glared in silence.

She couldn't think of a single thing that had worked in her favor throughout the day. First, the ravagers had hit her score before she could react, the part she required was taken off her hands, she'd been united with an ex-friend who had grown up to be a crazed sith-lord, she'd been physically and emotionally drained by a machine, and just when she had been close to receiving answers said machine had been blown up by the two idiots who had prevented her from joining the cargo raid. Her thoughts were interrupted as the cell door opened. Ben stirred by the sudden noise and his eyes shifted around the room in confusion. A few muffled sounds came from his direction, but they were ignored as a pair of stormtroopers entered the room followed by the Admiral.

"The Supreme Leader wishes to see you."

Evangeline simply raised an eyebrow as she was unable to speak. However, the gears in her head began to turn as she immediately began to think of an escape plan. Those hopes were destroyed as her wall cuffs were replaced by a pair of handcuffs. Furthermore, a similar pair had been placed around her ankles. Which seemed rather pointless as the troopers were then forced to wheel her out of the room and down the hallway. The ride was silent up until the point that they reached the throne room. After entering, Evangeline immediately noticed the various scorch marks around the room and the fact that one of the walls had a large gaping hole. Although the fires had been put out, the room still smelled like it was burning. Even though his identity had been revealed, the Supreme Leader still sat on his throne covered by his cloak.

"You may leave us, Admiral."

The Admiral gave a curt nod before signaling for the stormtroopers to follow as they left. Seth then stood from his throne, descended the few stairs, and began to pace in circles around Evangeline. He remained silent, but it was clear that he had a lot on his mind as his expression reflected he was deep in thought. Irritated by his movement, Evangeline attempted to speak; however, the only sound that emerged from the gag was a muffled shout.

"Ah yes, I suppose you won't be able to answer any of my questions while wearing that," he said as he removed the gag.

Evangeline stretched her jaw since it had been clamped shut, "Gee, thanks."