𝟎𝟑𝟎. 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐲

030

030. HE WAS ONCE JUST A BOY

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

Every muscle in his body ached. He'd been training nonstop for what had felt like days and he had lost track of the actual time long ago. However, Snoke insisted that he try again despite his lack of progress. Seth groaned as he made an effort to raise his arms again.

"Concentrate," Snoke's voice made the chamber rumble.

"I am," he said between grit teeth.

The crate shook ever so slightly. He strained to lift the object with his mind. He tried to reach out further with his hands, but it made no difference. Eventually, he gasped for breath and the crate stopped moving altogether. He collapsed to his knees, panting.

"Weak," Snoke scoffed.

"I'm tired," he complained, "Not to mention that thing is twice my size at least."

The boy was correct. He was small for his age which only provided something else that Snoke could use against him. He'd been training for as long as he could remember, but he was still young and inexperienced. Even though he was just ten years of age, his training was rigorous and exceeded his limits.

"We go again."

"I can't," he replied.

"You will."

The boy winced at the threat. He knew what would happen if he refused. It was better to try and fail than do nothing at all. He slowly clambered to his feet and held out his arms. He closed his eyes and blocked out all distractions. Be one with the force. He calmed his breathing. In, out, in, out. He opened his eyes and... nothing had happened. Snoke looked at him disappointed.

"You're not even trying anymore."

"I am," he protested, "I really am trying."

"You should be getting stronger," Snoke stood and towered above the boy, "You should be able to do this. Perhaps I misjudged your potential."

"I-I can do this," the boy swallowed back his tears, "Just let me try one more time—"

Snoke shook his head, "You are dismissed."

—————

"What's changed?!" Seth asked, enraged, "I-I-I've gotten stronger. I've grown in skill. I've done everything that you've ever asked!"