Chapter 7 ( The dancers on the bridge)

An awkward silence was placed upon William and Emilia who were ready to go to their jobs.

Emilia didn't spoke anything and just kept on pouting while William sweatdropped knowing that it is his own fault.

"I am sorry, love" he hugged her from behind hopping that her mood would change but it didn't.

"Don't get the wrong idea when I say I won't get mad at you when you keep on staying late at night. You have to take care of your own health, besides I know the side effects of that since I am a doctor" Emilia pouted looking away from him.

" But I am always plotting something....." William paused upon seeing the worried look on her face. "Alright, I got it. I will try to avoid all- nighters, happy now?" Emilia nodded and hugged him making him smile.

She glanced at the newspaper he was reading and gasped, "Bridge suicide?Tavern dancer seen jumping off, opium also found in room?!" "Terrible right?" "I wonder what could be the reason for it?" the two of them wondered.

"Well, I will help Louis in the kitchen and come back alright?" "Okay", with that Emilia left for the kitchen to tell him a good news.

"Onee-san! Good Morning" "Good morning to you as well, Louis. I came here to tell you that our plan worked!" "It worked?! That means he won't do an all- nighter from now on?" "Well, not everytime but he said he would try to!" the two of them smiled happily.

"Ah!!!!" "What is it Onee-san?!" Louis panicked making her smile sheepishly. "Sorry for that Louis, I was just shocked seeing the time I need to head off now. See you!" She bowed down and left making Louis sigh in relief. "What a terrible scare, Onee-san...." Louis fixed his glass and sighed once again.

She hurried to the door and found William already waiting for her. "Are you ready now?" "Yes I am, and thank you for waiting for me, dear" they held each other's hand and made their way to their destination.

Fortunately, their walk to the clinic and university was only 20 minutes making them easier to walk together.

"Looks like we need to depart now" Emilia said noticing the forked road that was ahead of them. "Good luck, doctor" "Same to you, teacher" both of them giggled and shared a sweet kiss before departing.

"Doctor Emilia! You are back, good morning!" her co-worker named Steve greeted her happily. "Good morning to you too!" She giggled at his behaviour and made her way to her chamber.

She was quite famous in the clinic due to her choosing to treat the commoners instead of the nobles. Many invitations were sent to her to join huge hospitals and clinics but she chose this particular one because not many doctors were willing to treat commoners making her a ray of light for the low class people.

"Good morning, Emilia-Sama!" an old man greeted her whom she knew quite well. Due to him being old, he fell ill faster than normal people and since he isn't of a higher- status one, he didn't have much money to treat himself.

"Good morning Bob-san, I hope you are feeling better than yesterday" "Yes, I am and this is all because of your help. I owe you one doctor" he said making her smile happily. "Now, let me check your improvement" she dragged the wheelchair to her room and checked him properly.

"You have improved quite a lot Bob-san! Now you don't have to worry about your orphanage anymore" Emilia knew that he owned an orphanage and he needed to be cured soon so that the children won't be suffering as well. "Thank you very much" he said before taking his leave.

Soon, a couple came and bowed down shaking in fear. "W-we are s-sorry! We can't p-pay the fees for the t-treatment of our child!" they said fearing that she would drag them to the police like other doctors but.....