Chapter 26 (Betrayal !?)

A/N- Its a chapter full of angst and some parts are of self-harm. Skip the chapter if the gore is too much for you.

During winter's freezing rule, a day came when the sun shone brighter than usual placing smiles on the faces of everyone for the sun had woken up for the moment. The usual empty streets were packed up with people who were trying to make full use of the sunny day. Emilia too, had plans of her own...

The couple were inside a coffee shop having some hot and delicious coffee to serve themselves. For the first time in a while, they were having a moment of awkward silence. Emilia sipped her coffee while sighing internally.

Her idea of bringing him here away from his 'study' to make sure he relaxes and also to keep an eye on him was good but he was very much disinterested today.

"...If you pardon me I need to go to the office for collecting University books." William woke from his seat with a displeasing smile on his face which shocked her. "B-But we arrived here just now. Can't the books wait for some time?" Emilia pleaded but her pleads were payed no head by him. "Sorry but I need to go." He payed the bills and exited the shop hurriedly.

Emilia sipped her drink for the last time before leaving the shop. She knew something was going wrong with him so she decided to stalk him. She followed him silently yet steadily to the streets he crossed only to find that they were already in the countryside.

Just where was he going to?

At last, William stopped on his tracks and went inside a mansion. Emilia knew that she wouldn't be allowed to go in as this manor was owned by a stranger. Luckily the manor was covered by trees everywhere and she was pretty good in climbing trees. She swiftly climbed the nearest trees and hopped on them till she found the room where William was.

She hid properly taking shelter in tthe trees and kept spying on him. For some time it looked pretty well, he was alone in a room checking the books but than...a lady entered the room wearing a lingerie. She gulped down her anger but managed to keep her cool knowing that he would never touch a woman beside her.

Unfortunately for her, the lady hugged William from back leaving hickies on his neck. And William stood there not being disturbed in the slightest.

Tears flowed from her eyes as she watched everything unfold from her own eyes. She wanted to just go there and ask him what was actually happening!? But deep down she knew that this is not the right time for this and she shouldn't let her emotions take control.

The very next moment William kissed her with his own will and it could no longer be foreseen by her. She dashed through the trees and ran off with sadness that could be indicated by the tears in her eyes. 'Why was he doing this?' was the only thing venturing her mind.

After hearing the shaking of the trees the lady stopped on her tracks. "Do you think she saw us William?" She questioned as he stopped kissing her. "Who cares about her? I only love you my goddess do not think about her in the slightest." William pushed her on the bed earning an excited smirk from her.

•••

Emilia kept on running with no destination in her mind. She couldn't believe that he cheated on her just how could he? Were all the promises he made to her a lie? Was she not enough?

She didn't know where her legs were taking her but when she stopped she realised she was in 221B Baker Street. She ran to Sherlock's room in hopes of finding him but unfortunately she didn't. Without thinking more she layed on his bed and started having her mental breakdown.

She just couldn't accept it...it was an unexpected BETRAYAL she never expected. She noticed a blade on Sherlock's desk, without thinking twice she grabbed it and made cuts on her hand. 'What is the point of living now?' she thought as she aimed the blade at her neck but than paused when she calmed down rationally.