Chapter 21 (Heartbroken)

A/N- I have been thinking for a while about an angst chapter since you can't expect a couple to be fluffy and happy all the time. After all, conflicts are something that are bound to happen to straighten the ties. I wouldn't actually call this one a conflict chapter its more like angst(!?) Anyways enjoy!

Emilia was washing the utensils to help reduce the amount of chores for Louis. Though the blonde declined it immediately since he didn't want to tire out his older sister more but the albino hemmed him into a situation where he couldn't refuse her. He feared that she is casting aside her weariness for him, out of goodwill but it never came to that.

Surprisingly she was in a very good mood even after the amount of work she received yesterday from the medical staffs. You see, she takes her work very seriously and tries to finish it overnight (actually she does achieve it), leading her to be weary and tired the very next day. Yet, here she was humming a song and doing the chores efficiently to the blonde's surprise who was hiding behind a cupboard and watching her work.

'This is surprising. What happened to Onee-san?' he was so deep in thought that he didn't feel Emilia poking his cheeks. "Is something wrong Louis?" she beamed a warm smile at him, radiating like a sun. "N-Nothing well...Did something happen today? It is very unlikely of you to be so happy after a tireless night" he explained knowing that there's no way out of this.

"Actually it's mine and William's three month wedding anniversary. I have planned to surprise him by making a grand feast tonight! Luckily he was busy last night so I had the whole night to plan out for today. Also he has already left for the university" she replied enthusiastically since she was really impatient at the moment and couldn't wait to surprise her lover.

"Can I help you with this Onee-san?" Louis asked without wasting a single second. "You are my accomplish and the person I can rely to, in hard situations so...of course it's a yes!" she winked at him occassionally earning a happy smile from him.

"Can I be of some help too?" Fred appeared out of thin air scaring the other two gravely. "F-Fred?" Emilia questioned while placing her hand on her chest after a mini-heart attack she got just now. "E-Eto, I was actually going to ask you about the flowers but when I was about to knock on the door I heard both of you talking. I am really sorry for eavesdropping like that" he bowed down with a flustered and embarassed face.

"I forgive you Fred, and I really appreciate your help for this one as well" Emilia embraced him into a hug which was full of appreciation, which he gladly reciprocated. "Let's get all the help we need" Louis suggested once they were done hugging. The other two nodded in agreement and decided to convince the other three individually before meeting up in the kitchen once again.

Emilia immediately rushed to the library and found Jack cleaning the shelves. She knew that he is the person she can turn to, during situations like this.

"Instructor-san!" she called out catching his attention immediately. "If it isn't Little Lia. Is something bothering you Milady?" he turned back and found her bowing 90° straight. "Please help me Insturctor-san!" she pleaded, proceeding to tell him the story.He carefully listened to her without disturbing her till she was done.

"...So that's the story" she ended her story and faced Jack, hoping he would agree to help her. "A surprise for Little Will? I love the idea besides helping you would be my pleasure" he gave her a thumbs-up leading her to hug him happily. "You are the best Insturctor-san!" she complimented while he happily rubbed her back. 'I hope they succeeded too...' Emilia sweatdropped once she remembered that she doesn't know whether the other two has agreed or not.

So according to the plan, Emilia and Jack returned to the kitchen where she met new faces. Bond who was happily willing to give his best for the couple, and Moran who was complaining non-stop about the work and chores he had to do yet the team could sense that he was more than ready to help the couple.