His short POV

All this while he always had a painful heart which seemed as if it would never heal. No, he didn't have any heart diseases but he caught an unfortunate illness it was just a small sickness known as 'lovesick'. At first stage it was just mere infatuation for his mistress but than time passed by and it grew severe until he reached the final stages of the sickness which had a huge drawback...he could not move on.

A very devastating situation he was stuck on for the rest of his life, getting feelings for his mistress who was already engaged with his master and so called close friend. He tried his best to forget about her but his heart could unfortunately not recover from that terrifying illness. Even though he knew that they were never destined to be together yet still he hoped to be next to her even as friends, for she was someone special to him.

While his loyalty towards his master did not waver in the slightest, it still remained strong as a nylon thread which could not be broken so easily. He respected him to such a great extent that he could not even dare to think about him in a bad way like how the other love rivals do.

So, he made boundaries and limitations for the sake of his loyalty. Even though his heart ached to act a bit distant to her he knew he had to do that. He could take no risks involving his job. But she kept on trying to get closer to him probably because of his ignorance towards her. And soon he found it impossible to avoid her. So he made a new rule, it's free to interact with her how much he wanted but he had to keep his emotions in place.

That was how he lived on his life with the same rule that flowed in his blood. Unfortunately though, his master eventually found out about his feelings towards his lover but he didn't grew angry nor did he feel any insecurities, he just tended to avoid any discussions about it. He trusted his lover and friend more than anything also he treasured them both deeply. He never talked about it expect for this once...

"What is it William?" Moran raised a brow at William who called him in his 'study' all alone in the midnight when everyone was already fast asleep. "I will get straight to the point. You have feelings for her don't you?" William questioned while doing his paperworks, not even raising his head to look at him properly.

"...Nothing can go hidden from you can it? Yes in fact I do love her." Moran sighed as he scratched his nape, being totally nonchalant about it. He knew there was no point in telling lies he wanted to be his true self and tell what he actually felt to William with pure honesty and no pressure which is exactly what William wanted.

"I am glad you are honest with me Moran. I can't and will not stop you from loving her after all you are a human after all. But I cannot give you what you desire no matter how hard I try." William put down his pen giving out a sigh which was coated with guilt.

For William, Moran was someone whom he was very close with since childhood and making him sad was something he absolutely did not want but his desire was something he could never fulfill. Both of them knew how much Emilia loved William and how much he does the same to her. She just considered Moran as a best friend whom she deeply trusted and had a close bond with.

Maybe William could have change the fate with the help of his brain but he didn't want, he just couldn't sacrifice his lover no matter how hard he tried. He felt selfish, he knew he was being selfish and he felt very guilty about that, "I am sorry I am being selfish."

"What are you talking about? I don't want you to do something to make me and her be together or something like that. I am definite that you can give her the happiness and comfort I can never. I am just not worthy to be by her side as a lover, that's your role and I can't possibly change that. Besides the fact that you are letting me stay next to her despite knowing the truth is more than enough to me William."

William's eyes widened as he heard Moran's answer which was totally not expected by him. Than melting into a relieved smile he flashed it towards Moran who smiled back at him. Laughter filled the room by an unknown source causing Moran and William to stare at the source of voice.
The door banged open revealing a smirking Albert who mumbled, "A truly wonderful conversation!"

"You?!"

"Welcome home Brother."

And from that day onwards his secret had spread to two other people and than spread to two more who were still kids. His answer wouldn't change so easily, he loved her no matter how much 'best friend-zoned' he had to get. But also that loyalty comes first and that her happiness is his happiness as well, and he would never oppose it no matter how much it hurts.