⇢ prelude

A D R E N A L I N E

E P I G R A P H

"So it's just irl super mario kart got it."
—ohlee

E X T E N D E D S Y N O P S I S

Everyone, please welcome to the stage, coming all the way from the beautiful islands of Hawaii, the Grammy award-nominated band—MARS!

✘✘✘

Stevie, the lead singer of the band MARS, only knows how to live under a spotlight now and she's not necessarily in love with it anymore.

When she forms a band with her best friends—Jun (lead guitar), Lauren (bass guitar), Rami (drummer), and Seira (keyboardist)—they catch a break early on and sign with a big record company. After earning two Grammy Award nominations with their debut album, the band is thrust into stardom and the world of the rich and famous.

Their next-door neighbor Brendon Ellis—born and raised in Australia—drives for reigning champs Windsor Formula One Racing alongside teammate Idris Johnson, the current leader in F1. In Brendon's third year of racing, he's managed to climb up to fourth in the championship rankings and snag the hearts of fans all around the world—

Stevie isn't one of them.

Not at first, anyway.

Brendon has a lot on his plate to prove himself, and when a new season has him in sight of a possible world championship title, he's got a lot to lose.

While their relationship begins as rejects who meet in the quiet, secluded parts of house parties, their friendship eventually blossoms from their shared interests in the things they thought separated them. Stevie finds a love for the thrill of racing and Brendon knows a thing or two about getting lost in the music.

But being on the road most of the year makes it hard for them to connect, and their careers have them on a trajectory that only accounts for going up. Coming to terms with where they are in life as well as their feelings for each other, Stevie and Brendon must decide if they're willing to drive a thousand miles until their tyres wear out—

'Cause it's lights out and away they run.

F O R E W O R D

hi! welcome to my little corner of wattpad, where the music comes alive & it's lights out and away we go! here at adrenaline, we see the inner workings of what it's like to be in a band and play around with the sports genre for the first time in my life.

a few things i wanted to make note of while we're here:

1.

i am not a formula one expert.

accuracy in certain parts of this story may not be the best but i'm learning and still enjoy what i'm doing. while you are free to (respectfully) offer advice, know that i'm taking creative license with certain things to fit the story i'm trying to tell. i will not tolerate disrespectful comments, so if you're rude, you'll be muted.

2.

as a woc, diversity & representation is extremely important to me.

all of the constructors and drivers are fictional. any resemblance to real drivers is coincidental and/or unintentional. one of the main reasons i chose to use fictional drivers (besides the fact that i don't write fanfiction) is to utilize a more diverse cast of characters. it's no secret that formula one (and motorsports in general) lacks in this department (which i understand is a complex issue but an issue nonetheless).

i require you to be respectful of these characters' backgrounds. ignorance will never be tolerated. on the other hand, if something has been portrayed incorrectly, feel free to inform me and i will make the necessary changes.

3.

this story, as well as all of my stories, is a safe, positive, and uplifting place.

putting your work online—often for free and without compensation, as i do—is a vulnerable, tiring, and often thankless experience. i do not tolerate disrespect toward any of my characters, especially those of marginalized backgrounds, my writing process, or me as a writer and person (a very real person with feelings, in case anyone forgets). please keep this in mind if you choose to read my work. if you cannot contribute to a safe and welcoming experience on this site, please do not read.

4.

while this can be read as a standalone,

ADRENALINE crosses over with FLY WITH ME by my bestie thaliagrace- so please don't forget to check it out! what you'll find: a slow burn romcom about a flight attendant & dj with impeccable writing and the most lovable characters ever written. what are you waiting for?

D E D I C A T I O N

to the honey badger. you'll always be number one in my heart ♡

C O N T E N T W A R N I N G

✘ strong language

✘ mild sexual content (no smut)

✘ sports written by a non-sports person

✘ many long chapters !!

W I L L A L S O C O N T A I N

✘ native hawaiian fmc
(she will absolutely shit on the US
and she has every right to)

✘ disaster bi chaos
(biphobics dni)

✘ platonic soulmates
(i'm serious–don't ship my children
unless explicitly suggested 🔪)

✘ mcu references
(aka the midorii cinematic universe; the only relevant mcu)

C O P Y R I G H T

© 2021-2023 Stephanie Midorii, smidorii

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher

This story is only available on the orange w app (aka watt!pad!). If you are reading it anywhere else, it has been illegally stolen and you are at risk of malware and viruses.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and events are either products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to any real persons or events is purely coincidental.

tldr: plagiarism is shitty so don't do it!