Chapter L

The Lord insisted that Sebastian keep a watchful eye on you the next day as the he investigated into your attackers. You sat in a sitting room, reading as Sebastian stood by. You were rather annoyed and uncomfortable with someone watching you as you read. You sent the butler a couple of times to retrieve an item for you, grab a cup of tea, anything to keep your mind at ease with him away from you. A knock rang on the door as he entered with a tea cart that had lunch prepared. "For lunch today my Lady, there is salmon with roasted vegetables." He placed the plate in front of you. You nodded, thanking him. He moved the cart to the corner of the room and you continued reading without touching your meal. He stood as straight as a board, hands by his side. It was very unsettling. You sighed and stood, "I think that I will pay Lord Phantomhive a visit." You mentioned. Sebastian followed you as you traveled down the hall into the small office that Ciel had secluded himself in. You knocked on the wooden door, a faint "come in" was heard on the other side of the door. You stepped into the room and the Lord looked up at you before returning to his papers. He sat at small wood desk, the room had some windows that looked out on the road. "Yes (Y/N)?" He stated, clearly sounding pre-occupied. You curtsied, "I beg your pardon my Lord," you began, raising from your curtsy. "I wish to go into town and request your presence." As unfortunate as it may be, you were still rather formal around the Lord. 

"I apologize (Y/N), I am close to finding the group who dare assault you and I wish to work this case alone for now. Please have Sebastian join you in your outing." You frowned and stepped closer to his desk. You pushed the papers that he was reviewing away. The Lord looked up at you, rather annoyed. "I thought that this trip to Paris was for us, to grow in our personal relations my Lord. Not to fully focus on other items." He sighed. "I still do have that meeting I spoke of this afternoon. It will require my presence at a small restaurant. If you wish, you may accompany me then and do your shopping." He pulled the papers out from under your hands. You huffed and walked out, Sebastian closing the door behind you. You walked up the stairs, with Sebastian trailing behind you. "If this butler won't leave me alone, then I am going to loose my mind." You thought, just wanting to be alone. You approached the door to the master bedroom, grabbing the door knob, you turned it and entered the room. It was certainly smaller and more simple than the manor's master bedroom but it serves it's purpose. You threw open the wardrobe and started to browse your dresses. The butler stood a few feet away, hands behind his back, watching you. "Sebastian," you spoke pulling a green dress from the wardrobe. "I will accompany the Lord on his outing this afternoon. I wish to shop for a dress to match the jewelry set that he purchased for me." You pointed at the box that held the necklace, bracelet, and earrings that was adorn with the precious jewels. The butler bowed. You stood behind a changing screen and changed your dress into the green on. You stepped out from behind and started to adjust the long sleeves. "Allow me, my Lady." Sebastian took your cuffs and buttoned them around your wrists. He pulled the matching shoes from the wardrobe and you sat down. He helped you into them. You pulled your hair back with small green velvet bows. You stepped in front of a full length mirror and examined the outfit. You went into your travel sized jewelry box and secured the locket around your neck. You were sure that the Lord did not intend for you to join him and the other business men for lunch, so no need to get too dressed up. You found that morning's newspaper on the Lord's dressing table. You began to review that day's news. "Sebastian," you spoke, turning the page. The butler stepped forward. "Tell me, what does the Lord hide under his eyepatch?"The butler remained expressionless. "My Lady," he spoke, "I am afraid that I am in no place to answer that question. I would think that a lady of your status should not partake in such gossip or question the appearance of others." You didn't speak. He bowed, "My sincere apologizes my Lady, it seems that the master is calling." You turned your head to the door, not hearing the Lord's voice at all. The butler opened the door and departed. You shrugged and continued to read the paper.