Chapter XXXIII

You finished your book and tea before making your way to sit at your vanity table. You began to brush your hair before tying it back with a ribbon. "A bath would be nice." You thought aloud. You went to your bathroom and began to draw a bath. The tub began to fill and you underdressed once you were ready. The warm water felt good with the cool air of the room hitting your face. "Winter is here." You thought. "I will have to find my warmer clothing soon." You took some of the soap and began to scrub your arms and legs. "I wonder how Ciel has been doing. He rarely pays me a visit." You frowned. Shaking your head you told yourself to just "relax". You lowered your arm, the bath water now having some bubbles from the soap. You felt your tense body loosing and your running noise running much more from the steam of the water. Wiping it with your hand, you felt everything opening up around your face. You leaned your head back and closed your eyes.

After a while, you drained the bath and began to dry yourself off. The cold air causing goosebumps to arise around your body. Your wet hair felt cold against your neck and back. Realizing that you forgot a fresh nightgown, you peeked our into your room. "How ridiculous" you thought to yourself. "Like someone would be in here." You stepped out keeping the towel wrapped around your body, you grab a nightgown and your dressing gown. You quickly changed and placed your towel in the bathroom. You sat at the vanity table once more and brushed your wet hair. You hummed once of the melodies that you were practicing on your flute. You stared at yourself in the mirror and frowned. "A raven huh?" You stopped your humming and put the brush down. You glanced out the window quickly and heard the flapping of bird feathers. You flipped your hair over your shoulder feeling a bit upset. You paced the room slowly, thinking to yourself.

"The manor has many secrets. Ciel has many too." You pondered. "I heard rumors that the butler and the young Lord reappeared one day out of the blue after a fire." You looked at the clock ticking. "Why does Ciel have an eye patch?" You knew that you may never know the answer to these questions and you knew better than to ask the young Lord. You shuttered a little and walked over near your small fireplace. You blew your nose into your handkerchief and sat down on the floor near the fire. "I feel uneasy being here sometimes." You whispered. "Like I am always being watched." You pulled your dressing gown a bit tighter around your body. "I feel free yet trapped here somehow." You stood up. "Perhaps a walk around the more empty part of the manor will help." You thought. You made your way to the door leading out into the hall. Opening it, you were greeted by Sebastian standing there. You jumped back a bit startled. "Oh Sebastian, it's you." You felt relieved. "I apologize my lady for startling you." He bowed with a small smile. "I brought some fresh water, bowl, and towel for you." "Thank you Sebastian, please place it over there." You opened the door a bit wider and motioned to your table. 

He stepped in and put it down. "Pardon the intrusion my Lady, but were you heading out?" You looked at him. "Yes, I was feeling a bit warm." You lied. "And wanted to take a walk to stretch my legs." He chuckled before walking up to you. He closed the door and had you cornered against it. "My Lady, that won't be necessary." He looked down at you with pink eyes. You felt your body tense and you did your best to hide any fear bubbling up inside. "Why not?" You questioned sounding a bit annoyed. Your mind was racing for a exit from Sebastian cornering you but you locked eyes with him.  His eyes not swaying away from you for one moment. "Why, you are unwell. We don't want our fair lady falling anymore ill." He spoke devilishly. "Our?" You questioned feeling anger forming. He chuckled and leaned in closer, fully pinning you against the door. "What's his is mine too, my Lady." His eyes now glowing even more. A moment of silence. "Leave me raven." You felt the flames of anger about to erupt. He chuckled and moved himself away and you moved off the door. "The young Lord doesn't take kindly to his guests wandering, my Lady." He stated opening the door. "If I were you, I would stay put." He closed the door and walked off.

You stood there feeling dumbfounded and uneasy. "Should I run?" You questioned. "Should I forget about this whole business ordeal? Where would I go?" You looked at the mirror and saw your reflection, anger was plastered all over your face. You sighed. "I have no where to go." You thought. "They knew that." You paused. "How disgusting." You picked up a book and threw it at the bed. You blew your nose into your handkerchief. "Besides," you sat down on the floor in front of the fire again. "I would die out in the cold." You put your hands out in front of you for a few moments. "It's colder now." You whispered.

Mey-Rin knocked a couple hours later bringing you dinner and tea. You thanked her before she departed. You ate and laid in bed, feeling better from earlier. You thought of a plan. "I will have to bring this up to Ciel. He'll have some answers for me perhaps. That butler of his, he's not any human that I know of." You concluded. You continued your book and fell asleep.

For the next couple days, Sebastian and Mey-Rin would bring you your meals and tea. You recovered rather quickly and passed the time by reading the newspaper and books. That morning, Sebastian came to wake you with a late breakfast. "My Lady," he began opening your curtains. "For breakfast, there is oatmeal with blueberries. Tea is a ginger tea." You slowly opened your eyes as the butler went into your wardrobe to find a dress. You sat up still half asleep and saw another figure sitting next to you. You turned your head and almost jumped to the moon. "Lord Phantomhive?" You held your hands to your chest. "Pardon my intrusion Lady Belmont, I heard that you have just about recovered and figured that I would pay you a visit." You nodded feeling a bit disturbed and reached to grab your dressing gown. Sitting in bed, you put your arms through the sleeves and tied it before standing up. You ate at your small table while the young lord watched you. "I don't know why everyone keeps insisting on scaring me and putting me in such a situation." You sipped the tea. "My lady," Ciel called out to you. You looked in his direction. "Lord Underwrite is hosting a Christmas Eve ball later this month. It's expected that the Phantomhive's  are in attendance." You nodded and looked back your meal. "Would you join me for that evening?" You looked back at him, swallowing your meal before speaking. "It would be an honor my Lord." 

Sebastian came back out from your bathroom and told you that a bath was ready. You nodded and walked over. "My Lady," he bowed. "Would you require any assistance?" You frowned. "No, thank you." You stated before disappearing. "What was all that about?" You questioned. "Why in the world is Ciel here? Couldn't be to just invite me to a party." You saw all of your garments spread out on a table and chair. You quickly bathed and began to dress yourself. You put your shift and stockings on, tying them below your knee with a ribbon. You slid the corset over your torso and tightened it. You put on a cotton petticoat followed by a couple more layers of warmer petticoats before putting on your outer skirt on. You put a corset cover on before your long sleeved shirt. The entire outfit was brown and plain, very simple just how you preferred. You folded your nightgown and dressing gown before sighing since you would have to face the lord and his butler again. You opened the door and looked at them. Ciel didn't move from his spot and Sebastian stood by the wardrobe. The bed was made. You walked over to your vanity and began to brush and pull your hair up into a low bun. You saw the two men staring at you in the mirror. It was rather difficult to finish your hair with all eyes on you and with such an awkward silence in the room. Sebastian spoke, "Do you need help my Lady?" "No thank you Sebastian." You responded quickly, trying to finish up your hair. 

You finished your hair and turned to look at them. You all sat in silence. "Sebastian," you finally spoke. "I would like to go into town today. Please let know when it's best to depart." "Yes, my Lady." He bowed. You stood up and pulled out a scarf and gloves from your dresser draw. "Why are you going into town?" The young lord spoked looking a bit bored. "I wanted to get some items from the store." You responded wrapping the scarf around you. "Sebastian," the young lord looked at his butler. "Just go into town and get her what she needs, that's an order." You looked at Ciel. "My Lord, that won't be needed. I am able to collect my own supplies." You stated firmly. "Nonsense (Y/N)," he rose from his chair and made his way over to you. "Besides we need to talk today." He reached up and began to take the scarf off of your neck. You frowned at his actions, it won't be the same when you present the birthday gift to him later. "Sebastian," he looked at the butler. "Prepare my cloak and hat before you depart this morning." The butler bowed. "(Y/N)," he looked at you "Give Sebastian a list of what you need from town." You looked at the young Lord and pulled out a pen and a paper. You wrote the list and handed it to Sebastian, feeling defeated. The butler bowed and left you and the young Lord together. "It's my birthday today, Lady Belmont." He mentioned handing you your scarf. "Yes, I am aware. Happy birthday my lord." You bowed. He looked at you. You felt rather uncomfortable standing alone in your chambers with him.