Chapter I

The carriage hurried down the dirt road as the sky quickly was covered with dark clouds. Thunder boomed in the distance and lightning flash in the sky.
You tugged down on the sleeve of your dress and reviewed your notes. Your father, Lord Belmont, asked you to visit Lord Phantomhive to dicuss a partnership between your family's tea company and his toy business. "This partnership will increase our customer base to families and children, (Y/N)." your father's words bounced around in your head. You shook your head and looked up from your work to stare out from your carriage. The (Y/F/C) of the fabric that lined the interior of the carriage showed off the colors of your family's crest. It was a very lovely color and it was express throughout your family's manor. Sighing, you quickly looked once more at your documents before put it back into your bag.

You turned your attention to the outside world. Trees pasted by but the storm appeared to be getting closer. A break in the trees revealed a manor sitting on top of a hill. "How gorgeous!" you quietly exclaimed to yourself. As you approached, you took note of the architecture of the building. You marvelled at the gothic style of the home and became even more curious of the contents it held inside.
The carriaged came to a hault in front of the flight of stairs leading up to the large front doors of the mansion. The carriage door opened and a hand was extended to you. You grabbed it and stepped out of the carriage.

"Thank yo-" you began to tell the man assisting you but the rain and wind picked up and your hat flew off with the wind.
"My lady," the man began. You looked up to see a butler with dark hair and a small, polite smile holding an umbrella above you. "Please allow me to escort you inside before this storm picks up anymore." He held out his arm for you to take ahold off. The butler led you inside the doors of manor and took your coat as you stood in the hall. You quickly scanned yourself in the nearby mirror, hoping at the wind did not do much damage to your appearance. After all, you do need to look presentable for the Earl. You adjusted your favorite dress so that it fit well around your figure. It was a rather flattering ensemble you put together to wear for meetings such as these, not overally flamboyant but professional enough for this environment. After adjusting yourself, you took a quick gaze at the entrance hall.

A glistening chandelier hung above you in which the natural sunlight during a not so stormy day could be the focal point of the room. However, the walls and a couple stools and chairs offset the brightness of the chandelier by stirring the bright light to the darker coners of the rest of the room.

The butler let out a soft chuckle as if he knew that you were examining the room. You really couldn't help yourself, your mother did say that the home can show alot about the person. Afterall, you do want to make a good impression on the Earl and the first steps to do that, is to understand the Earl himself.
"I apologize, I don't believe introduced myself." he stated. "My name is Sebastian Michaelis, the head butler of the Phamtonhive estate. The master was expecting you today Lady Belmont. Please do follow me to the Lord's study." he bowed and led you to the study. You took more notes about the home as you walked through the house; the color, decorations, furniture, architecture, and art. One piece of art did catch your eye as you and the butler walked pass. It was portrait at the top of the staircase of what appeared to be a family. "It must be the head family." you thought to yourself as you gazed into blue eyes that belonged to those in the portrait.

Arriving at a closed door, the butler knocked and a faint "come in" was heard from the other side. Sebastian opened the door and entered the room. You waited patiently outside but looked into the Earl's office doing your quick examination. A violin. He must play music or at least take lessons. A chess board with pieces. Of course he has games set out, he is the owner of one of largest toy companies out there. Books and papers organized neatly on his desk. Someone who knows how to remain on track and is an active leader.
"My lord," Sebastian bowed as he faced his master. "Lady Belmont of Belmont Teas and Co. as arrived for the scheduled meeting." You were still unable to get a look at the Earl. Sebastain was, in fact, standing right in front of desk blocking your view. With a sigh the Earl stated, "Please send her in." Sebastian bowed and turned around as you walked in. You quickly adjusted your posture and walked to over to his desk. "Don't walk to fast nor to slow." you reminded yourself.

The Earl stepped out from behind his desk as you approached. "Lady Belmont, a pleasure to meet you." he kissed your gloved knuckles. "You as well my Lord." you responsed curtsying. "Please do have a seat." he motioned to a chair behind you. "Sebastian, please prepare some tea and treats." he ordered his butler. "Yes my lord." Sebastian bowed and left the room. "Very well, let us begin." the Earl instructed looking back at you.

You noticed quite a few things about the Earl himself. Not only his age or eyepatch but also his intriguing and domaint presence, as if he always had the upper hand. Clearly, this made your conversation about the parntership diffcult due to your demands not equalling his.
Sebastian knocked on the door and the earl told him to come in. The storm did pick up outside and gave the mansion an even darker presence than you noted before. As if there are many things hidden within the manor that cannot be viewed from pure silent judgement alone. Sebastian poured tea for you two and served slices of lemon cake along with it. "My Lord," you began after a small silence from the snack. "I'm afraid that we do not see eye-to-eye on the partnership, but I must complement you on the cake. It is delicious." The Earl gazed at you, "It is my pleasure my lady. After all, the Phantomhives are known for our hospitality." he gazed at his butler. You swear you saw the two smirking at each other but as quick as the thought came to mind, it was quickly dismissed by Earl continuing the conversation about business.

After about another hour of discussion, the two of you did reach an agreement. After signing all the documents, you requested to call your father to tell him the outcome of the meeting. "Sebastian, please show Lady Belmont to the telephone." the Earl stated looking out the window with his back to you. "Yes, my young lord." Sebastian bowed and escorted you out of the room to the telephone. You dialed your father and he was overjoyed at your accomplishment. After hanging up, you stepped out of the room to only be faced with Sebastian. "My Lady, the master requests your presence again in his office." "Of course." you responded to his request and was led once more to the Earl's office.
"Lady Belmont," the Earl looked up from his documents as you entered the room. "My butler as informed me that the storm has flooded the roads and it will be unsafe and unfit for you to travel. As my invitation, you are welcomed to spend the time here until the storm as cleared up and it safe to travel once more." A faint smile crossed your lips from the kindness of the Earl, "I accept the invitation my Lord" you bowed. "Thank you for your concern of my well being." you politely added.
"Sebatain," the Earl ordered. "Please show Lady Belmont to her room."
Sebastian bowed, "Yes, my young lord."