Chapter IV

That annoying banging.
It rang throughout the bedroom and you were sick of it. After the first moments of akwaking, you recognized the banging as the knocking on your door. "Come in." You said with a hoarsh voice. It felt as if sleep never came last night. Your eyes were hazy for a second before adjusting to see Sebastain handing you a cup of tea and wishing you good morning. "Good morning." You responded sleepily. He chuckled a little, "You seem a bit tired this morning my lady." He offered you a plate of pancakes that was topped with raspberries and powdered sugar. "I am fine thank you." You sipped your tea. "The young master requests your presence for morning tea in the greenhouse this morning my lady. Did you prefer Jasmine or White tea my lady?" "Either one." You responded getting out of bed.
After Sebastian left, you went to dress yourself in a light yellow dress. You left your hair down this morning. After a few minutes of getting ready, you stood up and went out the door. Finding Mey-rin, she led you to the greenhouse. After arriving, Sebastian escorted you to a small table that was surrounded by different types of flowers. He left you alone for a couple moments. You peered at the flowers. "My my what a selection." You thought. You spotted the lillies placed in a small vase at the center of the petit table. "The table is set for a garden party." You thought. There was delicate napkins with blue flowers embroaded on them next to small plates of each seat with shining silverware set on top. The tea cups that were placed was white with red flowers. You smiled recalling it as matching your bed spread in the guest room. You heard footsteps and did one final check of yourself as you stood up to pretend that you were closely observing the flowers.
"Lady (Y/N)?" You turned to see the young lord and his butler approaching. You smiled as you turned and tried your best to act surprise "I am very impressed by your collection of flowers." You told the Earl as the two of you sat down. "Thank you my lady, I do have a large selection of rose breeds as they are my favorite." Sebastian poured the tea into your cups and introduced the small desserts and sandwiches.
"My favorite was always (Y/F/F)." The two of you walked for a little bit around the extensive greenhouse after tea. "It made me think of my mother, even though she always prefered lillies." You looked away from the Earl. He looked at you, "Was she close to you?" He inquired. You were taken aback by the Lord's question. "He wants to know about mom?" You thought. You hesitantly said "Yes, she and I were very close. She and my father taught me everything about the business."You felt yourself holding back and the Earl noticed. "I didn't mean to intritude my lady. I was simply curious." He looked away. You opened your mouth to say something but closed it. He offered his arm to you and you held on as you continued to stroll through the greenhouse out into the garden while making casual conversation.
The two of you sat down on a stone bench near the roses. "My Lord, you and I must play chess together sometime. I hear plenty of rumors about your skills." You looked at him in the eye. He looked back at you, "I am afraid you have heard correctly lady (Y/N). After all, it would be absurd for a toy company owner to not be good at games." You giggled a little at him and told him, "I am afraid I am no good at games my lord." He smirked, "It appears you have your work cut out for you then." You smiled at him and adjusted your hat a little. "It appears I do." The lord pulled out from behind his back a rose. "For you my lady." You smiled widely and embraced him. "Thank you so much!" He handed you the rose and you held onto it between your finger tips.
The lord led you back inside the manor and departed to his office. You arrived back in your room and sat down at your desk. You took out your journal to write about your day with the lord.
There was a tapping on your shoulder, you opened your eyes and saw Sebastian hovering above you. You sat up and saw that you fell asleep onto of your journal. "My Lady, dinner is ready." You shook your head and stood up and went to the dinning room. "My Lady," Sebastian bowed as you sat at the table. "I am afraid that the master will not be joining you for dinner tonight." "Alright, thank you for letting me know Sebastian." You responded. "Why couldn't he come to dinner? Does he not like me? Wait what I am talking about? Of course he doesn't! I haven't been able to see the same man again after one meeting." You thought to yourself as you dug into your meal.
After dinner, Sebastian allowed you to call home. Father was grateful to hear from you and urged you return at once since the weather cleared the previous night. After talking to him, you went to find Sebastain to ask him to call for a carriage the next day.
You returned to your room and prepared for bed to only receive a knock on your door. "Come in." You called as you continued your journal entry. You were shocked to see the Earl Phantomhive at your door. He was still wearing his suit from before and you blushed after realizing at you were just wearing your nightgown. "My Lord." You cursty. He bowed in return. "I apologize for not accompanying you for dinner. A beautiful lady such as yourself should have a gentlemen accompany her at meals and outings." You blushed at the fact that he called you 'beautiful'. "Please do not worry about me my Lord." your responded. You sat down on the bed and he, in your desk chair.
"My lord, I will be leaving tomorrow." You inforned him. "I am aware, Sebastain told me." You nodded. A silence filled the room.