Chapter XXIII

You stepped through the doors of the townhome in the heart of city. Sebastain helped you take off your hat, coat, and gloves. Ciel walked up the stairs and you followed. "Please pick any of the other bedrooms (Y/N)." Ciel said. The halls were brown and a bit plain but had an occasional painting or portrait every now and then. "How dull" you thought to yourself. Sebastain carried your luggage into the bedroom you selected at the other end of hall from Ciel's. "Thank you Sebastain." He helped you unpack. "The young master was planning on attending the opera tomorrow night. This evening's preparations will be ready at 6:00 o'clock in the front lounge. Please do not be late Lady Belmont." He announced as he stepped out into the hall and closed your doors. You looked around, the room was a light blue shade with white accents all around. "Definitely more of a feminine room." You noted the vanity placed near the windows and the canopy bed. You let out a large sigh and jumped backwards onto the bed. Looking up at the ceiling, you thought about what evening's activities; which remained a myserty to you. You shooked your head knowing that this is time to rest instead of pondering. Jumping your legs and heels up and down, you left your shoes go flying. You jumped up and hummed a very lively song. You took of your bodice and removed the corset underneath quickly. You pulled your socks off and sort of did a small dance around the room. It was such a carefree feeling that you haven't felt in a while. A burst of happiness. You hummed the melody and twirled around; your feet touching the wood floors. You curled your toes when you stepped onto the rug. "How unladylike." You mocked quietly in Ciel's voice. "It's a pitiful sight to see a lady so wild." You continued mockingly. You giggled and let your hair down out of it's rushed up do from the morning. You stoppped when you saw your reflection. You smiled back at yourself while taking in some deep breaths from running about the room. A knock erupted from the door. "One moment" you called out. You quickly buttoned your bodice back up and threw your socks, shoes, and corset under the bed. You opened the door. Sebastain stood there. "Oh hello Sebastain." You said. "Did he just glare at me?" You questioned to yourself. "Lady (Y/N), the young master sent me to ensure that everything is to your satisifcation." "Oh, yes, everything looks wonderful. I appreciate it Sebastain." You curtsied. He bowed and you closed the door. The interupption put you a bit off guard. You shook your head, undressed, and put on a simple nightgown. You got comfortable in the new bed and closed your eyes.

You awoke to the setting sun shining through the windows. Sitting up, you yawned and looked over at the clock. 4:45pm. You sat up and stretched. Looking around the room, the original blue shade of the walls and some of the furnishings took on a different perspective in the evning lighting. Gone was the feminine atmosphere to be replaced with one of a foreboding. You shook your head, knowing that this new feeling was nonsense. You selected a simple red velvet evening gown that showed off the bare shoulders and included a lovely gold lace across the top. You sat at vanity before changing and used the pitcher of water to wash yourself. With your hair up and adorned with decorative pins, the remaining part of the outfit awaited. You put on your locket, gloves, and a bracelet over the glove. You carried a shawl and fan in hand. Taking a final glance in the mirror, you decided to put the shawl over your shoulders. It wasn't always your preference to dress risqué, especially in front of Ciel. Although many of your dresses were, in part, provided by him, you do prefer to style it on your way. The shawl was tied in the front and you chuckled as how many young women would prefer to show the shoulders off but not you. You push your breasts down back into the dress. It wasn't appreciated that they were held up so high to show cleavage. You ensured that the shawl was properly in place before questioning why pick such a dress if you would have made so many adjustments. Wondering if you had time to change, one glance at the clock concluded that it was not the case. You left the bedroom and began down to meet Ciel in the front lounge. The door was open and you stepped in. The room was illuminated by small candles along the wall. You approached Ciel and sat across from him at the wooden game table. He watched you walk up to the table, a neutral expression on his face. You examined the room, pale walls and a roaring fire place in the heart of it. Couches were places nearby but the table the two of you sat at was against the window. Sebastian brought in some tea, a blend you quickly recongized as chai. Ciel spoke after sipping some tea, "(Y/N)," you looked up at him. "My work for the queen is dangerous and I never want you mixed up into it. Please take care of yourself while we are in the city." You nodded, "I understand, it's very chivalrous of you to assist the queen in such a way Lord Phantomhive." He didn't speak for a moment until you started again. "My Lord," you began placing your empty tea cup down. "Do you enjoy any other hobbies other than chest and games?" You looked up at him with a curious look on your face. He smirked slightly at the thought of something but quickly returned to his neutral expression. "No (Y/N)." You nodded a bit disappointed. Sebastain came back and escorted the two of you to the dinning room for dinner. Lamb with broccoli was served along with some wine; which you asked Sebastain for some water instead. The dinning room was smaller compared to the one back at the manor. You thought of the servants. "(Y/N)," Ciel spoke as you were finished up the meal. "Perhaps tomorrow during the day we can go  shop." You smiled at him, "I would enjoy that Ciel." His expression changed, you giggled slightly to yourself at the dumbfounded look on his face. You realized that this is because you called him by his first name rather than a title. After dinnerr you returned to the sitting room to play a board game that Ciel's company sold. It wasn't easy and Ciel won a few rounds of rematches. His face brightened slightly as you sat and thought of the next play on your turn. And turn a bit darker every time some event occured that wasn't in your favor. "My Lord, Lady Belmont," Sebastain returned. "Dessert and refreshments will be served in the court yard." "Yes, Sebastain." Ciel responded. "Thank you." You spoke softly. He bowed and left the two of you.

You began to out the game back in the box once the two of you finished. "What are you doing?" Ciel asked. You glanced up at him while putting the game pieces away. "Cleaning up." You gave him a confused look. "Just leave it. Sebastain will tale care of it." He said firmly. You nodded and let go of the pieces. Ciel held up his hand, a motion for you to hold on. You were pleasantly surprised at his actions. You looped your arm around his and he escorted you into the court yard. There was a small table with two chairs that were set up with a pot of tea and a selection of cake, tarts, or cookies. The two of you sat down and Sebastain pourer some more tea. Same blend as earlier but a fresh pot. You were happy to see that Sebastain knew better than to present the same pot of tea twice. You looked over at Earl, his one blue eye was visible and the other still covered. Of course the curiosity still plagued you every time you saw him but still knew better than to ask. The court yard had some small plants, now almost dead from the autumn air. You were happy that you picked up a shawl and wore velvet. Small talk was made as the two of you discussed the weather. Silencr eventually replaced. You ate some of the carrot cake. "My Father always joked that I would turn into a rabbit if I ate so much carrot cake." Ciel nodded. You felt as if you made things more awkward in the silence. "Was he a fan of rabbits?" Ciel inquired to your surprise. "Oh, yes, he was. It's part of the family crest." You pulled out a piece of stationary that your father used for business and gave it to Ciel. Along the top it had the family crest. Ciel nodded and returned the paper to you. "You talk of your father much and in high regards (Y/N). What about your mother?" You looked away from the Earl quickly, "She passed away a few years ago. That's why my father remarried the Countess. After her passing, father spent a lot of time with me. He showered me in toys, gifts, dresses, any thing I asked for once, he got me. I do hope that I haven't grown into a spoiled child." Ciel stared at you, "I can asure you, you haven't. If anything you are more of an odd girl." You laughed at the Earl's comment. His expression quickly became confused. "My Lord," you said with a smile still on your face. "I guess I am an odd girl."