Chapter XXXV

Sebastian opened the dining room door for you. You stepped in to see the young lord standing there with another man. You felt your face fall, "Thought that he cleared his schedule today." The two turned to look at you as Sebastian closed the door behind you. You picked up the front part of your velvet skirts ne approached the men. "Mr. Littleton, this is Lady (Y/N) Belmont, head of the Belmont estate and Belmont's Teas and Co." The man bowed and kissed your gloved hand. You curtsied in return, "A pleasure to meet you sir." He smiled, "Please the pleasure is all mine my Lady. Lord Phantomhive speaks highly of you and your business." You smiled kindly in return, holding your small gift to Ciel behind your back. The gentleman looked back at the Lord sternly. "Lord Phantomhive, it is critical that we discuss business as soon as possible." Ciel did not look amused at this man's presence. "Of course Mr.Littleton, I invite you to stay for dinner this evening. We can discuss matters of affair afterwards." The man looked relieved. "May I use your telephone?" He questioned. Sebastian escorted the man out of the room to show him to the telephone. 

Your eye followed Mr.Littleton as he left the room. Once the door was shut, it was just you and the young lord. "(Y/N)," the lord called to you and stepped a bit closer. You looked at him, "Yes my Lord?" He motioned at your arms behind your back. "What do you got there?" You presented the gift to him. "I prepared a birthday present for you." He opened the small box and pulled out the small satchel. He looked back at you. You felt a little uncomfortable, "I, uh, made a custom earl grey tea blend for you. It's not sold in any of our shops." He held it to his nose to smell it before putting the tea back in the box. "What a thoughtful gift." You looked into his visible eye as he was staring back at you. You half smiled at his acceptance of the present. "I apologize about Mr.Littleton's presence at dinner this evening. He appeared unannounced." Ciel's face turned a bit disgusted at the thought. You frowned a bit, "I understand my Lord." Silence fell over you two. He took your hand in his'. "(Y/N)," he spoked. "If I may be so bold to ask, are you available tomorrow to review the contract?" You looked up at him surprised. "What are your true intentions Lord Phantomhive?" You thought. The door opened before you had the chance to respond. You withdrew your hand from Ciel's grasp. 

Sebastian and Mr.Littleton stepped back into the room. "Apologizes for my absence." He began. "Now, what about that dinner?" He questioned with a chuckle. Sebastian escorted the small party to the table and served beverages. Mr.Littleton spoke to the young Lord about business while awaiting. "My Lord," he spoke. "It's essential that you review our importer's contract as soon as possible." He began to pull out papers from his brief case. "They are demanding a 5% fee on top of our current negotiations." He began to flip pages. "Mr. Littleton," Ciel spoke firmly. "Please save this conversation for after the meal." "My apologizes, my Lord." The man responded clearly upset, putting his papers away. You sipped from your glass. "Tell me Lady Belmont," Mr.Littleton spoked in a rather nasty voice and looked at you. "I heard that Belmont Teas is about to kick the bin. Is that true?" You looked at this man, feeling disgusted at his choice of language. You smiled warmly, "Whatever rumors you may hear is not the case my good sir." You looked at him pouring more and more wine in his glass. He smiled and looked back at you. "Is that why you are here then? Because you lost everything when daddy died?" He laughed loudly. Sebastian returned with soup. Ciel looked at Sebastian, clearly a sign asking for him to stay. You felt yourself getting angry once again. "Excuse me but-" He cut you off, "Oh please," he sipped at more wine. "It's no secret that you are sleeping your way towards favoritism of Lord Phantomhive. If I didn't know better, you are probably the little birdie that knocks on all men's doors at night." You sat there stunned at the accusations. Trying to maintain your composure, you spoke "That is not the case Mr.Littleton. I would like to know where you heard these false rumors so that I may put an end to them." He looked at his empty glass and motioned for Sebastian to get more. Ciel looked enraged and Mr.Littleton took noticed. He rosed from his seat and stumbled over to you. "Ah so it is no rumor then that you do not have a proper suitor? I heard that you play hard to get." He stood behind your chair, you glanced over to Ciel who looked ready to pounced at the man. "I-I do." You spoke feeling uncomfortable. "Oh is that so?" He lended in and ran his finger on your collarbone. "Then I guess he wouldn't mind if I have you for one night." You closed your eyes and heard a large bang from behind you. You opened your eyes and rose from your seat quickly.