Chapter XIX (Ciel's POV)

I awoke the next morning to Sebastian bringing me breakfast. "My Lord," Sebastian explained "For breakfast we have eggs and an assortment of dry sausages accompnaied by a cup of chamomile tea." I sat up and read the newspaper while eating. Headlines showed that the under ground brothels and robberies were resolved. Afterwards, Sebastian helped me dress in my green suit. Then, we heard it.

Our ears perking up to the sound of music. I looked at Sebastian, "Sebastian finish up quickly, we need to find it's source." "Yes, my Lord" Sebastian bowed his head and helped me get my shoes on. I grabbed a cane and we walked to finding the core of the sweet sound. We stopped in front of the music room. Sebastian looked down at me but I could only pay attention to the sound of a flute playing Bach. Sebastian quietly opened the door for me and we walked in. There she was, (Y/N). With the flute I gifted her in her hands.

She completely the song, just when I thought she finished she began again. I made my way to the couch and sat down. I couldn't understand how her fears overcame her that much the night of her birthday. She was a real musician who played with such emotion and precision. Looking at her body slighty turn in as she ran out of air but then back upright as she breathed it in. She looked lost in the moment. How I wish I could see her face as she played. I want to see her expressions and passion for the song. She finished the second piece and I saw Sebastian sit at the harpsichord. He played with her as she began the third movement. The accuracy was impeccable, barely missing any note as she flew them by. I felt a small smile escape my lips as she swayed with the music.

She played the final note with a gorgeous vibrato and made her way to replace the flute. Turning around, she jumped back in shock, knocking the vase over. I chuckled slightly at her reaction. Her expression didn't change as she asked how long we were there for. Sebastain complimented her after I responded. I saw her look over at Sebastian almost in a confused state. She stood up and Sebastian cleaned up the mess. I asked him bring us tea as (Y/N) sat down across from me.

A small silence fell across the room. She didn't look my way at all. I could tell that our presence during her playing left her feeling uncomfortable. Sebstian was right to say that you have a strong skill in playing the flute." I looked at her. She only glanced my way. Frowing I told her, "(Y/N), I want you to play for me again." She contiuned to looked at me. "No, no I'm sorry my Lord." She said quickly. I wasn't surprised by her response. But looking at her, I saw the fire of passion towards it buring inside. It was something I haven't seen in a long time. "Lady (Y/N)," I looked at her. "You looked rather entranced while playing." She remained quiet and looked away.

Not a moment later, Sebastian returned with tea and a vase to replace the broken one. She sipped the tea. I left my cup untouched. "(Y/N), your talent will not go unshown." I looked at her firmly. She didn't say a word. I stood up from the couch and walked over to the window that (Y/N) looked out earlier. Silence filled the room other than the occasional 'clink' of her tea cup against the saucer. I scanned her as she sat in front me. The pale pink dress suited her nicely but clashed againsted the blue chair she was sitting in. The locket rested against her chest. But I noticed her hands as she brought the cup to her mouth. "(Y/N)," I looked at her frowing. "What happened to your hands?" She looked down, "I was helping around the manor." She said plainly, clearly still bothered about the previous events.

I was taken aback. I should have brought her with me. "A lady of your nobility shouldn't be helping servants." I frowned standing above her. She looked up at me after placing the empty cup down. "My Lord," she began. "There was no harm in assisting." "Look at your hands (Y/N)! How can say there was no harm? You should be working on business or pursuing other matters." I felt myself getting a bit mad at her. She stood up, "Lord Phantomhive," she spat out in a calm yet hateful tone. "The next time you talk to a lady, you should consider her kindly gestures. As a semi-permanent guest, I had to show my gratitude in some way!" I clenched my teeth. "You can show gratitude in other methods." She looked me dead in the eye, a second of silence lingered as I waited for her to respond. "I only have you Ciel. And what do you want me to do when you are away? Sit around signing papers and embroidering linen?!" She stepped to the side, my eyes following her. I saw her face turning red from the confrontation. Then, a sob erupted from her form.

I walked over and held her in my arms no matter how much she protested. Eventually, she stopped fight me and rested her head against me. Standing there, I stroked her hair. "(Y/N)," I looked at her with a neutral look. "Perhaps we should get out of the manor some." She looked up at me through tearful eyes. I smiled slightly upon seeing the interest in her face. I pushed her head back aganist me and contiuned to stroke her hair. "Next week, we will go into the city and see the opera." I suggested waiting to see her response. She nodded. A few seconds later, she pulled away. Her face was a light shade of red. I refilled her tea cup and picked it up telling her that she should drink. She shook her head, "I'm going to just freshen up in the powder room." She left through the light wooden doors. I sat on the couch and Sebastian stepped back in. "My Lord," Sebastian began. "Pursuing Lady Belmont will have a sort of 'personal consequence' on both you and the girl." I looked up to see his expressionless face. "You damm demon, I already took note of that." I responded annoyed at the butler's comments. He smiled, "Master, don't grow too fond of her. I don't want your wondeful soul tainted by the passion of a human romance." I struck the demon across the face. He chuckled slightly. I sat there supporting myself face under my knuckles, my elbow aganist the arm rest of the chair. "What did you need in the first place Sebastian?" I asked frowing at the butler. "Lunch is served, my Lord." He responded.