Chapter XXV

You awoke to someone yelling at you. "Look alive princess! You're about to go on." You sat up and quickly realized that your arms were bounded behind you and you were blindfolded. Panic started to set in since you haven't been in a kidnapping situation before. Your heard murmers all around you, light shined through your blindfold. "Ladied and Gentlemen," a man announced. "We have here number 7, a young noble beauty still with her innocence." He chuckled. "You have the word of our house doctor gentlemen." You started to breath heavy in fear from the realization that you were being sexually trafficked. "Ciel will be here soon, I'm sure of it." You reasoned with yourself. " The man's voice bellowed out, "With (Y/H/C) (Y/H/L) hair, this fine specimen has stunning (Y/E/C) that could make any of your other ladies jealous." Your blindfold was removed and you stood in front of at least 50 different men all wearing white masks. The dimly lit room was no good in helping you see much of anyone's other features. You kept telling yourself that Ciel would be here soon. "We will start the bidding at 250." The bids kept growing and you felt yourself begging internally for Ciel to save you. You began to look around for an exit. Making a run for it was be difficult since the only exit in view was behind this audience. "Where are you Ciel?" You pleaded internally. "Sold!" The man shouted, your heart dropped. The auctioneer grabbed your arm and pushed you down the stage into the hands of another worker. A new girl was brought up and you were told to wait. You scanned the audience since you could see everyone a bit better now. A man approached you and the man holding your arm. "The money please sir." You struggled under this man's grasp. He smacked you quickly and told you to stop. The man who won the auction stepped over to you and grabbed you around the waist. "Lady Belmont, what a situation you got yourself into." You immediately recognized Sebastain's voice. "Sebastain," you said in a low voice. "Get me out of here now." He chuckled, "The Master is expecting you soon." "Sebastain," a voice called out. "I ordered you to find her, not conversate." The butler chuckled and let go of you, "Yes, my Lord." The man grabbed your arm and pulled you back. "The money or no girl." He digged his finger nails into your arm. "Let go of me you filthy rat." You spat angrily at him. He grabbed your face and brought it close to his. "You are lucky you're not mine darling, there would have been severe punishments otherwise." If your arms were not bounded you would have punched him in the gut. You felt your hair, now falling down from it up do earlier, starting to get in your face.

"Sebastain," you heard Ciel call out. "This is an order, bring (Y/N) to me and end this auction once and for all." You were confused but all of a suddenly the room went black and you felt Ciel's hand grab yours. The two of you ran outside, you felt the cool air hit your arms and neck. You were in an ally way catching your breath when Sebastain emerged. They removed their masks and Ciel looked at you. "Where did you get the dress?" You explained the story of your time in the dress shop and of the Viscount. "I shall have it returned." You stated after concluding the story. "No," He stated plainly with a neutral expression. You looked up at him. "Keep it, you look nice in it." You nodded and Sebastain led you two to the carriage. You brushed the chunks of hair that fell from your hairstyle back and entered the carriage. You sat down across from Ciel and the carriage began to move. You quickly patted your chest. "The locket." You stated feeling a bit panicked. The jewelry you wore earlier was gone as well. You looked with concerned eyes up at Ciel. He smirked and pulled it out from his cloak's pocket. "But, how?" You asked. "It was simply found when we investigated the shop. Please be more careful next time (Y/N). It's too much of an inconvience for all of us." You thanked him quietly and didn't appreciate his last comment. You put it on and stared out the window of the carriage. The late afternoon was setting in and the homes you rode past had candles illuminating through the windows. "Um, my lord," you began after a moment of silence. He looked over at you. "Thank you." He nodded, "We will still plan to see the Opera tonight. Once we return home, please freshen yourself up quickly." "Yes." You said. The carriage arrived back to the townhome quickly and you ruahed up the stairs to change. The lovely dress will have to be worn some other time. You dawned a light pink gown with small flower accents throughout the dress. The top had lace running along it. You put your hair up into a simple yet elegant style and put on a bracelet and earring pair. You finished it off with some slight makeup. "It seems as if he is brushing the events of earlier off." You thought feeling a bit concerned.You put on matching shoes and made sure the entire ensemble was complete. "Oh!" You excalimed and put the gloves on, putting the bracelet on top. You kept your locket on and grabbed your handbag, fan, and gloves. You rushed down stairs and waited in the sitting room for Ciel. Sebastain brought in a cup of tea for you. You heard footsteps coming down the stairs and placed the tea cup down and turned to see Ciel entering the room. He wore a dark blue formal suit, you laughed realizing that the two of you looked so different; one more dark and the other brighter. You two rode to the theater, "I have to tell you something Lord Phantomhive. It's rather embrassing in fact." He chuckled and rested his elbow against the window, his hand under his jaw. You stared at the rings on his fingers. "And what is that my Lady?" You smiled slightly, "I have never seen an opera." Ciel's amused face didn't change, "I'm surprised." You giggled slightly, "Mother and Father would see it by themselves and I would be left at home." "Well, I am happy to be accompaning you on such an event this evening." Ciel commented still looking at you. You gasp when the carriage approached the theater. It was a gorgeous building with lovely gold trimmings along the roof. The carriage stopped and the door open, you took the gentlemen's hand who helped you out. Ciel locked arms with you as the two of you climbed the steps up. Inside, it was even more stunning than the exterior. A crystal chandlier hung on the great hall with two stair cases leading up into the theater. Sebastain presented the sales clerk with the tickets, "Box 5." He noted aloud. He led the two of you up the flight of stairs. You held onto Ciel's arm with one hand and held your skirts with the other.

The man pushed back a curtain and you ciel led you in. "A box seat?" You thought to yourself looking out over the audience below. You turned back and smiled at Ciel. "It's so wonderful." You began while sitting down. The seat and the box was made of matching red velvet with small refreshments available at the entrance. "But I couldn't imagine how much this cost, please let me pay you something in return." He chuckled and held your hand, "(Y/N), you wouldn't be able to pay for a quarter of what this box costs. Do not worry yourself over it." You nodded and looked out at the stage. The show began, the first song came quickly. The audience clapped as the song concluded. "Ciel," you lended in closely to him. "Der Vogelfänger Bin Ich Ja is quite a song, bet I could do the pan flutes better than the singer. A sad excuse for a musician." You laughed slightly, you saw a small smile cross his face. The show contiuned, you felt yourself smiling for most of it. You quickly looked down at the program and looked up to see another song beginning. A women came in stage and began singing. Her voice rang throughout the opera house. The singer's voice hit the high stacco notes with ease; you were very impressed. Her exaggerated makeup and costume clearly showed how powerful her character was. The song finished and everyone clapped.

An intermission began but regardless how pleasant the show was, you still felt that Ciel was brushing the events of earlier under the rug. You smoothed the dress and looked over at him. His blue eye was staring back at you through his hair. You have him a half smile and stood up. "I will be in the ladies' room." You curtised at him, he nodded back. Sebastain escorted you to the door amd you entered. You walked up to the mirror hanging on the wall and looked at yourself. "I know that similar situations will arise again. I guess that's the price I pay being acquainted with the Queen's guard dog." You shook your head. "Ciel would remind me of that. I have no doubt." You adjusted your hair and waited a couple minutes to stall Sebastain. He waited across the hallway from the toilets. You approached him and he led you back to the box. You sat down next to Ciel. "Everything alright (Y/N)?" He inquired. You gave him a simple smile, "Yes, everything is fine." He grabbed your hand and held it between the two of you. You looked down and realized that his sort of awkwardness about courting you seemed to disappear. No longer was there a tense feeling but it felt, warm. You smiled and looked at the stage as the show resumed.