Chapter XLIV

You felt something warm touch your cheek. Opening your eyes and awaking slowly, you saw the Lord standing above you. The back of his hand and fingers caressing your cheek. He was dressed in his cloak and hat, clearly ready to leave. He sat down on the bed next to you. You vaguely remember how you got to a bedroom. You glanced at your surroundings, this wasn't your bedroom. The bed sheets felt of higher quality, the room was bigger, and everything very elaborate around. "(Y/N)," Ciel spoke. You looked over at him. Sebastian stood behind him. Then it clicked, this is the master bedroom. Ciel's room. "I have to depart soon." You nodded at him. "I requested to have your belongings moved in here." He stood up. "Would hate for my fiancé to be unaccompanied in the evenings." He began to walk to the door. You sat up in the bed, feeling a bit flustered. Sebastian opened the door, the lord began to step out and paused, "Oh and do not worry, nothing indecent will happen until after we are wed." He stepped out and Sebastian followed, closing the bedroom door from behind. 

"Until after we are wed?" You looked down at your lap, thinking for a moment. "In all of his fantasies, he never thought once what I am comfortable with? How outrageous that he thinks once we are married that anything will happen between us. Let alone sleep in the same bed!" You stepped out of bed. You were dressed in a nightgown and dressing gown. This wasn't yours. You walked over to the mirror. You felt confused, the girl staring back at you wasn't you. It followed your gestures and she certainty had your hair, face, and eyes. She was a true looking noble women, even in just a nightgown and dressing gown. "The Lord thinks that making me looking the part of a very fashion forward women is going to make things better? He cannot buy my love." You stepped back across the room. A dressing table with your hair brush and other belongings rested on the dark wood top. Small flowers were carved into the legs. The roses and music box laid on top of the dressing table next to the photograph of your parents.

You opened the wardrobe nearby. It was filled with dresses. You pulled one from the middle. It was a deep purple dress adorn with lots of accented bows and embroidery. A relatively drastic change from the your normal garments of neutral colors and composition. You put the dress away. You returned to the dressing table and began to put yourself together for the day. You knew that you had a meeting to tend to later in the day with a supplier. You looked through the drawers to find most of your items stored away neatly. But your journal was missing. You looked under books and other of your belongings, hoping to find it. Pausing for a moment, you looked over at the desk across the room. No doubt that was the side of the bedroom that the lord had allotted for himself. You stood up and slowly made your way across the room. You scanned his desk. Although not his main desk for business, he had left some letters and papers scattered about. "I'm just looking what's mine." You thought, feeling guilty that you were able to look through his private affairs. You pulled open the top drawers and began the hunt.

It was not there. "Where could it have gone then?" You questioned. You thought for a moment while closing all of the desk's drawers. Figuring that you could confront the Lord later, you went back to your wardrobe and began to look through the new clothing. A pale green dress caught your eye as being the most basic. You dressed yourself and went to a private sitting room to begin work. Mey-Rin brought you some tea and mentioned how much she adored your outfit. You smiled kindly at her compliment and told her that you wish you had better confidence in clothing like this. She brought you lunch later before you had your meetings for the afternoon.

The evening rolled around and you returned to the master bedroom to retire. The room was dark and cold when you entered. You gathered your nightgown and quickly changed and prepared for the evening. Stepping back out into the hall, you made your way back to your own room. Upon entering, you rushed quickly around the hunt for your journal. Nothing. Sighing, you got comfortable in bed and dozed off.