Chapter XXXIV

You stood there looking at the Lord rather annoyed. "Come," he led you out into the hall. He extended his arm out for you to take. "Let's walk and talk (Y/N)." You grabbed on to his arm as you walked down the hall. Silence fell over you two. You stared at the paintings and artwork in the halls as you walked pass. There wasn't one of anything beautiful to you. "(Y/N)," You looked over at the lord who remained staring ahead. "I have the contract together for you to sign." You looked away feeling worst than before. "Yes, my Lord." You stated. More silence fell over you two. He was dressed in navy blue today and walked with an unusual urgency in his step. He stopped in front of the music room and opened the door for you. You stepped into the room and he closed the door behind him. "Won't you play something for me?" He questioned sitting down. You stood there and looked over at the flute on the piano. You nodded and hesitantly grabbed the flute. You thought of what to play holding the instrument up to your lips. You began to play, feeling so melancholy. You put it down the flute after concluding and stared at the Lord. He stared back at you and clapped. You looked down at your feet. He arose and walked up you. "That was nice my Lady." Ciel mentioned. "Always a pleasure hearing you play." You looked into his one visible eye, "Thank you my Lord."

He began to walk out of the room and you followed behind him. You two began to descend the stairs. "(Y/N)," Ciel paused on the steps and looked back at you, "I haven't been fair to you recently and I am going to make it up to you today." You looked at him a bit surprised. "My Lord, that won't be necessary on a day like today." "Oh but it is. My schedule has been cleared so that we can celebrate." The young Lord turned away from you and continued down the stairs. You followed him and walked into the parlor. The two of you sat down and you glanced out the window. "(Y/N)," The Lord sat across from you. You looked back at him. "What are you looking at?" You glanced back at window and then back at the Lord. "It's nothing, just some squirrels playing in the tree." He nodded frowning. "What would you like to do today My Lord?" You questioned. He thought for a moment. "Once Sebastian gets back, let's have some tea. I also would like to play some chess later. I know that you just recently got over a cold but we could take a walk or go for sleigh ride. I'll have Sebastian bring a bed warmer for your feet if we go out on the sleigh." You nodded a bit excited about going outside in the snowy weather. "Lord Phantomhive, do you enjoy ice skating?" You questioned. "I have not gone since I was a child (Y/N)." He responded. "I believe that we do have skates though if you wanted to skating." You smiled slightly. "Do you enjoy skating my Lady?" He questioned back. You nodded, "It also has been a little while since I went ice skating." He nodded.

He stood up, "I am going to retrieve a game for us to play while we wait for Sebastian to return from the trip to town." You nodded, recalling your interaction a few days before with butler. Would Ciel believe you if you told him of Sebastian's actions? The Lord disappeared from the room. You glanced around; the room had some beautiful features including the roaring fireplace covered in sculptures and detailed mural on the ceiling. You stood up and took a few steps around. Pausing once more to look out the window. "Am I truly happy here?" You questioned. You turned around to face the hallway. "The front door is right there. I can make a run anytime." You shook these thoughts out of your head and sat back down near the fireplace. "I've just become paranoid." You shrugged. 

Ciel returned with a board game in hand. The two of you sat at a table and began to play. "You got lost in the Black Forest. Move back 3 spaces, (Y/N)." You nodded, moving your game piece back three spaces. The lord rolled the dice and moved his piece. "You found a new job, move ahead 2 spaces." You frowned, this game is completely rigged in favor of the Lord. You rolled the dice and moved the game piece. "You got into a carriage accident, pull a life or death card." You reached over the life or death card pile and drew from the top of the stack. "Live." You showed the young Lord the card. He nodded with a slight smirk. A knock erupted from the door and Sebastian stepped in. "My Lord, my lady," he bowed. "I have placed the items that the lady requested in her chambers." "Thank you Sebastian." You responded. He left the room, you turned to face the young Lord. "How did he make it to town and back so fast?" You thought to yourself. "(Y/N)," The young Lord called out. You turned to face him staring into your eyes. "Shall we continue?" You nodded.