Chapter XVII (Ciel's POV)

Sebastain awoke me the next morning early, per my request. "Sebastian, we must go to the Ponytail tavern this morning." I told him as he brought me the newspaper. "Yes, my lord" he bowed and went to grab my suit for the day. We sat in the carriage, riding to the tavern. "My lord," Sebastian began while looking at me. "If you dont mind me asking, what is at this tavern?" I contiuned to stare out the window as we passed by shops and people walking. "This was the location of the first robbery. I want to ask the owner a few questions." Silence lingered for a while. "Sebastian, don't allow me to get into a situation like yesterday's again." I recalled that women's vulgarness towards me yesterday. He smiled slightly at me, "Yes, my lord." We went down the cobblestone streets, bouncing slightly as the wheels of the carriage went through the grooves and flat parts of the stones.

Continuing looking out the window, my eyes went wide as we passed a shop. I pulled the window down and asked the driver to stop. Sebastian remained expressionless as he followed me out of the carriage. I stepped up to the store front. 'Belmont's Teas & Co.' the sign read. "I thought that all of the main shops were closed when her father passed away." I said aloud. "It seems to not be the case my lord" sebastain responded. The streets felt almost deserted but this little shop had fine tea sets on display with the signature Belmont family crest on the boxes of teas near by. I reached to the open the door of the shop and a small bell rang to notify of a customer's entrance. A women with blond hair peeked out from under the counter. "Good day to you gentlemen." She smiled. "Can I help you with something?" She walked out from behind the counter. I looked around the shop, there was varieties of teas that were imported from many parts of the world on display. One side of the shop had tea pots, saucers, and cups that almost looked as if they had remained untouched for a long time but was maintained in a pristine condition. "I would like to purchase some tea." I told her. She smiled, "Do you have a preference sir?" I walked over to look at the small tea sets on the shelves. "Earl grey" I told her. "Ok, could I also interest you in a Russian earl grey blend or an earl green blend?" She inquired. I stared at the set in front of me, a floral design in pale pinks, greens, and blues adorn the sides. "No thank you" I said. "Sebastain, please pay her." Sebastian gave her the money and took the bag in return. "My lord" Sebastian stood behind me. "Oh!" The shopkeeper interrupted as she approached us. "I see that the "bouquet de France" set caught your eye sir." I looked up at her, "No, it hasn't. I apologize." I stepped out with Sebastian following me. The shopkeeper looked at us in a shocked silence. We returned into the carriage and contiuned our journey.

"Sebastain, I want to depart on our travels back to the manor this evening." I informed the butler. "My lord," Sebastian began to protest but I stepped out of the carriage, cutting him off. I could feel his small smile over my shoulder. We walked up to the tavern and knocked at its wooden door. A women opened the door and she allowed us inside for tea. A weak brew but it wasn't the worst. "Madame, could I ask you about the robbery?" I inquired. "What about it?" She said with her guard up. "Could you described what happened?" "Well, I was closing up for the night and then a man bursted through that window." She pointed at the far east window. "He demanded the money collected from my patrons or else he would have killed me." "And you handed over the finances to him?" I further asked. "I had too. He had a knife and was threatening me." She explained. "What did he look like?" "He had short brown hair and green eyes. He was dressed in a sinple brown shirt and pants. But he did have ash and soot all over him." I stood up, Sebastian quickly following suit. "Thank you for the tea and your time." I bowed and walked back outside. There is no time to sit and talk. Sebastian told the driver to take us to the blacksmith.

I could only think of (Y/N). I don't know why I left her alone at the manor with those three. After cursing myself, I thought of her in that dress a couple days ago at her birthday ball. She looked like the delicate Venus herself. She was a women of grace, elegance, and simplicity. Although it would have bothered me if I was my younger self, (Y/N) was so unique compared to other women of her statute. I lost my train of thought as we approached the building. Outside the window, we were greeted with a small haze in the air. I stepped out of the carriage and pulled my cape in and my hat down. I looked around at the exterior of the building and found no one that matched the description of the man we were after. Sebastian followed me as I entered the building.

After waiting a few moments, Sebastain called out for someone to assist. No response. He looked at me for an order. "Go and look around the back of the building, I will venture inside." He nodded and I walked in. The furance was roaring and I heard the sounds of the hammer hitting the heated metal. I entered a large room to find a man who match our tavern owner's description. "Excuse me," I called out. He stopped banging on his project and I approached. "Hello," he smiled at me. "How can I help you today?" He put his work back into the furance. The room was extremly warm, I felt sweat forming under my cloak. "I just have a few questions, shouldn't take much of your time." I said firmly. "Where were you the night of the 5th of this month?" I began. "Whoa, hold on a second here." He said. "Who are you? You're not the police are you?" I heard Sebastain walk up behind me. "I am Ciel Phantomhive, Earl of Phantomhive, the queen's guard dog." I explained frowning at this man through an annoyed eye. He smiled, "Alright young man, to answer your question I was at home that evening." He walked over towards Sebastian and I. "And did you go out at all?" I inquired still expressionless. "No, I did not." I could see that he was lying. "Sir, I hope you know there are consequences to lying." I looked up at him. His face fell as Sebastian stepped forward slightly. "Ok, tell you what, I did go out that evening." "To where?" I inquired further. "I went to meet some friends at the Ponytail tavern." Sebastian looked down at me. "And you don't deny your presence at the tavern?" I asked. "No sir, I do not." He responded taking a step back to contiune his work. "If that is all of your questions, then I must ask you to leave." He stated. "One last question," I looked at him. "Could you empty your pockets?" He smiled and emptied his apron pockets. I narrowed my eyes slightly knowing exactly what this man was playing at. "Sebastian," I looked at my butler. "Empty his pockets." Sebastian approached the man, who fell to the floor instantly crying out how he was responsible for the robberies. Sebastian and I looked at each other. I rolled my eyes knowing that this could have been handled by the police instead of me.

After the man was arrested, Sebastain and I returned to the townhouse to prepare for the return home. Sebastian prepared tea and I took care of some business matters. After serving tea, Sebastian began to pack my belongings. It was diffcult to focus on work when I felt myself getting anxious to depart. I wanted to see her and somehow, I feel guilt for leaving her so suddenly. She left me so curious at times with that charm she has. She must be a sorceress, or an enchantress. No women has ever filled my mind so often. Shaking my head, I knew that I had time later to think of her but for now, I need to pay attention to my work.

We departed to the manor a bit later following dinner. I decided to do some work during the trip back. Not even realizing the time flying by, we arrived back at manor quicker than ever. It was very early in the morning by the time I entered through the main doors. Sebastian put my bags down and lit a lamp and led me to the bedroom. "Sebastain, clear my schedule for tomorrow." I told him. "My lord," Sebastian looked at me. "You cannot afford to lose more time." "Sebastian, that's an order." I stared at him with a frown across my face as I laid in bed. He smirked and bowed "Yes, my lord".