Chapter XXII

Tuesday couldn't come any slower. You awoke that morning to the sunlight pouring in from the drawn back curtains. "Forgive me Lady Belmont," spoke a man's voice. "But we are running a bit behind schedule." You opened your eyes to see Sebastain walking towards your wardrobe. You sat up and pulled the blankets aganist your chest. Hugging your knees, your rested your head aganist them and looked outside. There was a clear blue sky, odd change from the days before being so dark and dreary. You heard Sebastian approach and placed a small breakfast down on the table next to your bed. You grabbed your dressing gown from the foot of the bed, tied it around yourself, and walked toward the vanity. You glanced at the clock across the room to see that it was 8:00. Ciel wanted to leave at 8:30. "Sebastain?" You called for him. He walked over, "How may I be of service?" He bowed. "If it is not too much trouble," you began to brush your hair. "Could I ask you to take my bags downstairs? I know that we are awfully behind the orinigal plans." He smirked, "It was already done Lady Belmont." You let out an "oh".  He bowed slightly, "We will be on perfect time to depart at exactly 8:30am." You nodded and pulled your hair back with a ribbon. You collected all of your garments and changed in the bathroom. Sebastain assisted you with putting away your nightgown and dressing gown as you quickly finished adjusting any stray hair strands.

You collected your hat, gloves, and coat and made your way to the great hall. Ciel was there waiting for you, with a clear unamused expression until Sebastain announced that there was 5 minutes until departure time. He assisted you with putting on your coat and Ciel took your hand and escorted you outside. The autumn air kissed your cheeks and face quickly as you walked to the carriage. Sebastain opened the door and helped you inside; Ciel followed after you. He pulled out his pocket watch and nodded after seeing that it was 8:30 exactly. He put it away and closed yhe carriage door. You removed your gloves and hat and before noticing that the young lord was staring at you. You chuckled, "If you don't mind me saying so Lord Phantomhive, it is not polite to stare at a lady." He quickly turned away, a bit embarrassed. You laughed slightly and turned your gaze out the window. The landscape passed by, looking more and more barren as you went along. "Ahem" Ciel cleared his throat. You turned to look at him. He's one visible eye was showing something you haven't seen in him before. It wasn't something that other men who asked you to dance at balls had nor was it something you've seen in a long time. You quickly recognized it as the look your parents gave each other. Through his one blue eye, you could see that in his sea of thoughts, memories, and ideas, that he was feeling a selfless, kind, and genuine love. The original glances came as no surprise to you; as someone such as Ciel Phantomhive would never open their home up to anyone. But he allowed you in, to even stay in fact! His affection was nothing less than obvious. You thought of it as a conflict between himself that he would and will never show. He always wanted to remain the cold and heartless type. It was only for a mere second before his entire demeanor changed back to his serious one. "We are going to make a stop before we arrived." You nodded and replied with a quiet, "yes".

You pulled out a book you were currently in progress with and read for a little bit while Ciel did some of his work. After you finished the book, you looked up at him. He was very concentrated with his work and you didn't want to bother him. You picked up the pillow next to you and got a bit more comfortable. Before you closed your eyes, you heard something loud hit the roof of the carriage. Ciel noticed it too and you looked at him. "It's alright" he said quickly and looked back at his work. You nodded and closed your eyes. You dreamt that you were at a royal ball, with Ciel, the two of you dancing. Ciel wore a half smile on his face and you felt yourself beaming. Another bang from above. You opened your eyes, a bit annoyed that such a ruckus awoke you. Another bang. You looked over at Ciel sheepishly who seem unbothered by the noise. Then, all of a sudden, a man appeared in view of the window hanging upside down, dead. You jumped back and screamed slightly at the sight before you. Ciel jumped quickly and grabbed you. You plead to get out of the carriage and struggled in Ciel's arms. You eventually broke loose and ran out of the now stopped carriage. You ran around to the other side to look at this man. But he was no where to be seen. "Sebastian," you looked up at the butler on the roof. "Who was that?" Ciel stood close to you. "Lady Belmont, young master" he bowed. "My apologizes for disturbing you, the roof needed a quick repair." "Well do it more quietly next time." Ciel stated plainly and a bit annoyed at the butler. "Yes, my lord." Sebastian responded. You looked around you at the forest on both sides and at the dirt road. "I am going to stretch my legs some." You annouced and began walking in the grass along the dirt road. Ciel followed en suite. You two walked a little bit before turning back. Sebastain stood near the carriage, holding the door open, and helped you in once more. The journey contiunrd without any interruptions.

You awoke to Ciel calling out to you. You opened your eyes feeling rested. The carriage door open and Sebastain helped you out. You quickly put on your gloves and hat. You immediately recognized the store in front of you, Belmont's teas. You looked over a bit annoyed at Ciel, "Taking me here, Lord Phantomhive, will not change my mind." You stated firmly. He chuckled, "I don't intent too. We just simply need more tea." You rolled your eyes slightly. You walked up to the store window that displayed tea sets and the lovwl canisters that held tge loose tea. The three of you walked in to be greeted by a bubbly employee. "Hello and welcome to Belmont teas! Would you be interested in our tea blend of the day?" You looked at the employee, "No thank you." She smiled, "Yes ma'am, please let me know if I could help you with anything." You nodded and looked around the store. You recongized many of the tea sets that was avaiable for sale in previous seasons. A shame that it's all that is most likely left in their storage room. Styles and inspirations were drawn fron your father's travels and his life. Every pot and cup was designed by him. You knew that many of the sets were locally manufactured. You saw a set with bamboo and leaves decorated along the sides. You smiled, remembering how you tried to convince your father to put a panda bear somewhere along the scene. You picked it up, "Where is that little hidden one?" You thought while scanned the pot. The storekeeper came over, a bit concerned. "Pardon me miss, but I must ask that you allow me to hold it." She took it from your hands. She held it up for you to examine. "Mr.Belmont designed this returning from a quality control check from tea plantations in Asia. It's said that he was inspired by the resources and natural life of the land when creating this one." Ciel was standing next to you. "Yes, how fascinating." You commented. She smiled and replaced it on the shelf. "Can I show you any of our pots?" The employee offered. Ciel quickly butted in, "If I may, I have interest in purchasing some tea." The girl looked at him warmly and brought him over the counter. You turned your attention back to the pots in front of you. You thought and recalled the memories from many of those on display. The roses on one minicked those he found in an English garden, the gold trimming along another was your mother's favorite pattern, and the small child's play set- well of course you played with the same one when you were younger. All these stories you could share, with each of these teas and each of these porcelain pieces, all held memories. It was as if tea time wasn't just a socializing event, it was there to create memories. You widen your eyes, "To create memories?" You thought. "...to commemorate life." You rolled your eyes knowing that it would be a ridiculous marketing tatic.

You and Ciel returned to the carriage after his purchases. The store front passed as the carriage departed. You were curious as to the young Lord's preferences but knew better then to inquire. The rest of the ride was silent as you recalled that dead man looking into the window at you and Ciel. You knew that you were not crazy and not seeing things. Sebastian's excuse of roof repair was weak. You pulled down the skrit of your dress some. "It must be no surprise to ciel, with his work as a the queen's guard dog, he must see horrid things often." You thought to yourself. You felt your face turn flush at the thought of Ciel might have killed others too popped into your head. All the different scenrios that Ciel manages on behalf of her majesty, began to bother you. You quickly tried to dismiss the topic but concluding that the man who you saw hanging upside down is just someone seeking revenge on the young lord. You prayed that you wouldn't get mixed up into his work.