Chapter XLIII

You sat at the dinner table and played with the ring around your finger. No doubt that the Christmas dinner will be grand but you questioned the decision to marry Lord Phantomhive. Was it rash of you to accept the proposal? The Lord was not wrong by saying that you cared very much about the business and your future but you knew that nothing was more important than being happy and making others happy. The doors opened and the Lord entered to join you for dinner. He took his normal spot and looked over at you. The servants entered the dining room with plates of food. Ham, potatoes, and so much more decorated the large dinning room table. Sebastian served you and the lord. The two of you ate in a silence. You sipped from your glass as Sebastian returned. "My Lord, My Lady, this evening's festivities will begin after dessert." You looked over at the Lord, curious as to these festivities. Ciel dismissed the butler before looking at you. He remained silent and continued his food. "Can't get your eyes off me, can you (Y/N)?" He chuckled, you looked away feeling your face grow red. After the meal, Sebastian brought out some tea for the two of you to enjoy and some chocolate cake. The lord led you out of the dining room and into the great hall where the Christmas tree was decorated with more presents than before. Chairs were set up near the fireplace and a pot of tea on a small table. The two of you sat and Sebastian poured tea for you. The other servants arrived, dressed up for the holiday, and sat in some of the other chairs. "Lady Belmont, you should put on a Christmas concert for us." Finley suggested. "Oh yes, she should!" Mey-Rin agreed. You smiled, "oh no, I shouldn't. I don't want to interrupt our evening's plans." Sebastian handed the instrument to you. "He was just right here. How did he get it so fast?" You thought to yourself.

You glanced at the instrument in your hands and back at the rest of the group. Sighing, you stood up. Finley started clapping as you took your place in front of them. You smiled, "you will have to sing along then." Finley nodded from his spot that he took on the floor. You played "Jingle bells" as the three servants sang along before transitioning it into "Away in Manager". The three of the servants smiled and clapped. Sebastian took the flute from you and put it back. You sat back down and enjoyed some more tea. "My Lady," you looked at Finney who was handing you a gift. "For you from me." The other two servants scurried to their feet running to grabbed their gifts to everyone. You smiled at the commotion. Sebastian returned and told them to settle down. You stood from your seat and grabbed your gift to him. Taking a seat next to him on the floor, you handed him his present. "For you from me." He smiled and you exchanged gifts. He opened your present and was very excited at the chocolates. He opened the box and began to eat them. You smiled at his childish demeanor. "Open the gift from me, my Lady." You opened it and was greeted with a tea cup. It had a floral pattern on it. "It's lovely, thank you very much Finney." You placed it on the small table next to your current tea cup and took your seat back in the chair.

Mey-Rin and Finney exchanged gifts. You heard the fire crackling behind you. Sebastian stood next to the Lord's chair. "Let's play Throw the Smile." Mey-Rin announced. You nodded smiling at the thought. The Lord looked away, not interested in playing. You moved over towards the servants. "I'll begin." Bard announced, giving an extremely wide smile before running his hand in front of his face and throwing it toward you. You moved your hand in front of your face and let out a comedic ally grim. Bard bursted out laughing. "You're out Bard." Finney stated. You threw the smile to him. He smiled and you saw Mey-Rin covering her mouth with her hands trying not to smirk. You motioned for her to move her hands. When she did, she began to laugh. You shook your head at her and smiled. She moved away from the last two of you. Finley threw the smile to you. You began to grin at him. You saw him struggling. You moved in a bit closer to him and held the smile. He took in a breath and held it. You kept smiling until he bursted out in laughter. You chuckled. You won the game. You rose and collected a package from under the tree. "For you, Sebastian." You handed it to him. The Lord looked at you, you glanced down at him sitting, and then back to Sebastian. "Thank you my Lady." Sebastian bowed after looking at the tea canister.