Chapter VI (Ciel's POV)

We wrote for months.
She wrote so beautifully, her penmanship nothing less than that of a noble. Her words flowed like the morning sun showers down the windows of the manor.
I traveled to France one fall. I smiled at her letter back, in which she wrote in French. Then I received the news of her father's death. Of course, I sent her my grievances and empathic outlook at her newly gained position of the company.
Her letters got slower, I had to write her two letters sometimes to ensure that she was alright. I even offered for her to visit. She apologized each time, and explained that a visit was not necessary. Her letters got slower and eventually, they stopped coming.

"Sebastian." I called out one day during a short break. "Yes my lord." Sebastain arrived bowing. "I need to make a visit to (Y/N)'s home. I am afriad that she might not be alright." I drafted a letter telling her about my visit. "Please deliever this." I handed him the letter. "Cancel anything set for Friday, we depart then."
Friday couldn't come any slower, she filled my thoughts. I recalled her visit last time and of her in that yellow dress, turning around in the greenhouse with a surprised look on her face of my arrival. The flowers behind her empahsized her beauty and sweet nature. As that morning arrived, Sebastian woke me and we prepared to leave. The carriage approached and I step inside, ready to take the trip to her home. We arrived that evening. Sebastian knocked on the door and we were greeted by a butler. "Hello good sir," Sebastian spoke for me. "My master here is looking for a young lady by name of Lady (Y/N) Belmont." The butler looked confused, "I apologize but this is home of Sir Jeffrey Arthur." I held out the envelope that she wrote with her address. He shook his head, "This is the correct address but there is no (Y/N) in this household. Sir recently bought this home from a Countess you see." "A Countess?" I inquired. "Yes I believe that she moved to Hampstead." The butler informed us. "Very well, thank you." I turned to leave. Sebastian bowed and followed behind me. "Sebastian," I ordered. "We leave for Hempstead now."

We arrived by dawn and found a hotel near by. Standing in the one room, Sebastian suited me with some not so proper clothing and I sent him off to find where she was. I spent time investigation into this Countess who she never mentioned before. People at the hotel bar told stories about the newly arrived Countess and her evil plans to marry and slowly kill wealthy men. I returned to my room, concerned for (Y/N). Sebastian arrived not long after. "My lord," he bowed. "I found her." I stood up from my chair. "Take me to her." I ordered.

We arrived at a home at the end of a block. It was a deep red color, 2 stories and with black shutters. I looked it up and down before advancing. Sebastian knocked on the door. I felt my heart racing, hoping that she would be the one to answer the door. I craved seeing her again. The door creaked open and an older women barked, "Who are you and what do you want?" I looked sterny into the crack in the door. "I am Ciel Phantomhive, Earl of Phantomhive. I am here to see Lady (Y/N) Belmont." "No one here by this name." She quickly said. I sighed heavy, "Is there a Countess here by chance?" The door quickly opened wide to expose the elderly women who was dressed in black. "Why yes. Myself in fact." She lended against the door frame and batted her eyes in Sebastain's general direction. "My lady," Sebastian grabbed her gloved hand and stared into her eyes. "My lord wishes to inspect your home." She looked entranced by Sebastian. "You can do whatever you want to me." She responded rather flirtatious. "Very well." Sebastian turned serious as he followed me in.
"W-what?! You cannot come in! Who gave you access into an poor, lonely, old women's home!" She followed us around. Sebastian disappeared down the hall while I searched the front room. It was a sort of sitting room and library combinded. A deep green rug matches the curtains that were freshly taken down, beaten outside, and hung back up. The dark wooden bookcases matched the tea table and chairs that sat in the corners. "My, my, my." She stood behind me. "So your the Lord that the little brat wrote too." I turned around and she shut the doors and quickly locked them. Her lips formed into a smirk, "I am sure your wondering what I did to the girl. I wouldn't worry, she disobeyed my orders and she is kind of in a tight spot." She darkly chuckled. "I was once beautiful like her, men came demanding me for my hand in marriage. No one warned me of the darks in the world, the time came when I picked out a suitor and we married. One evening, I found him and his mistress together. Within a few minutes, she was teared limp from limp. He kept quiet but I know I need revenge. So I killed him and I couldn't stop myself. How fun it was!" She picked up a firepoker from next to the fireplace. "I am sure she wouldn't miss you young Earl Phantomhive." She smiled and lunged at me, missing and ripping the curtains. She turned around and lunged again, missing. "Why you!" She shouted in frustration. She lunged at me and pinned me to ground. "Sebastian!" I called out. "This is an order, save me now!"
The doors busted open and the Countess was thrown back against the wall knocked unconsious. Sebastian was at my side as I sat up. "Did you find her?" I asked. "Not yet my lord." Sebastian said helping me to my feet. Sebastian called the police as I contiuned the hunt. Not long afterwards, I returned to the front sitting room feeling uncertain. Sebastian stepped in and chuckled, "My Lord, you might as searched high but did you search low?" I looked down at the floor, the rug was turned up with a trap door revealed. Sebastian moved it away and opened the door. There laid (Y/N) in a fetal position with her hands tied and her hair thrown over her face. She laid about 7 feet down in the dirt. She was crying and laying there in what looked like a bed sheet that was made into a dress. "(Y/N)?" I called out. She didn't look up but just simply whispered "please don't." Sebastian went down there and scooped up her fragile form. He placed her on the couch. She looked pale even in the sunlight that shine through the windows. She contiuned to cry but paid no attention to us. "My dear (Y/N)," I thought. "What did she do you too?" I longed to hug her, keep her steady in my arms and tell her how she is now safe.
She slipped into a slumber quickly, I sent Sebastian to place her in carriage as I talked to police. After telling them about the Countess and her horrible acts, I returned to the carriage were Sebastian stood outside ready to open the door for me. He gave me a look and I stared up at him, "You damm demon." I stepped inside and sat opposite to her sleeping form. Sebastian closes the door and hopped into the driver's seat to take us home. I kept an eye on her as we rode, she looked peaceful laying among the satin pillows that lined the benches of the carriage. I smiled to myself, what a rare occurance. I slowly stood up and kneeled beside her as the carriage moved along and whispered "Enfin, chez vous, vous allez."

"Je suis à la maison si je suis avec vous." She whispered back.