Chapter XXXIV

You went into town with Sebastian to search for a gift for Ciel for Christmas and to speak to a seamstress about your gown for the Christmas Eve party. The carriage stopped in front of the seamstress's shop. Sebastian opened the door and helped you out. You entered the store, being greeted by the owner. "Hello! Welcome!" She approached you. You smiled back. "Hello, I am looking for a dress to wear on a Christmas Eve party." "Certainly," she began and paused. "You are Lady Belmont?" She questioned loudly, having the other ladies all look in your direction. You awkwardly chuckled, "Yes, I am." She beamed, "Lord Phantomhive said that we are to expect you. I instantly knew that it was you by your dress, I never forget the dresses that go out this door." She chuckled and pulled a note from her pocket and handed it to you. You passed your gloves into your other hand and read the note over, it was Ciel. The letter described what style dress and color that he wants the two of you to coordinate; scarlet red. You handed the note back to the seamstress, "Very well." She nodded and led you over to a private room and that had a threefold full length mirror. Sebastian followed behind. You placed your belongings down and the seamstress hung your cloak and hat up. "Since the lord was clear on the style of dress, we already had it pre-made since we had your measurements." You were a bit shocked at this. She returned with a large box and opened it to reveal a red, off the shoulder dress with cream color lace along the short sleeves. There was bows on each shoulder. There was more bows that matched the dress near the bottom that was accented with more of the cream color lace. The entire dress was water falling down. It was very lovely, but you felt hesitant given that you never wore such a revealing dress before. "All of the ladies will be beyond envious of you my Lady." You nodded with a half smile. She laid the dress out on the chair. "We also had the shoes prepared to match." She pulled matching shoes from the box. It was accented with the same bows as found on the dress. "Allow me to help you try it on." You nodded, still feeling unsure about the dress.  Sebastian remained in his current spot and you stepped behind a folding screen and removed your layer of dress to reveal the corset underneath. The seamstress looked at your corset, "This will need to be tighten in order to fit into the dress." You didn't have time to protest as she began to loosen the lacing around back and pull. You gasped as your waist became more restricted. "Hold on my Lady." She stated continuing to pull. You gasped again now trying to catch your breath, "Is this necessary ma'am?" You held onto the back of the chair that the dress was sitting on.  "Perhaps your butler can help." She poked her head out and motioned for him to come over. "Sebastian," you spoke. "Please do not-" Before you had a second to speak Sebastian stood behind you as the seamstress spoke. "We almost got it sir, perhaps you could give one final tug and then it'll be good." You feel yourself growing uncomfortable at the thought of a man seeing you in nothing but you skirts and corset. "Certainly madame." Sebastian stated. "Sebastian-" You let out a small yelp as he pulled. You lended over and tried to catch your breath as the corset was tied in place. "Thank you sir!" The seamstress exclaimed. You heard Sebastian stepped away. After a few moments you stood upright and continued to change.

You stepped out of the folding screen and walked over to the mirrors. The seamstress began to open out the bottom of the skirt. She chuckled, "My lady, the sleeves are to be wore off the shoulder." She pulled them down, much to your dismay. She pulled out some elbow length gloves and assisted you in putting them on. You looked at the completed outfit, it was not a lie to say that it was a lovely dress. "I had a couple ideas as to what you could do with your hair my Lady." The seamstress began. "Most girls style ringlets with ribbons or an updo. I think you should consider it curled and pinned back away from the face." You nodded trying to envision it. "Yes, it's lovely." You spoke trying to get a good look at all angles of it, your waist did look very small but you felt a bit dizzy. "Wonderful, let me box it back up for you." You stepped back between the screens and changed out of the dress and handed it back to the seamstress to put away. "I will return in a moment." She stated aloud. You reached around back to try to untie your corset some but felt it in a knot. You were standing there in your full undergarments, and no women around the help you. You reached both hands around and tried to find a spot to began untying it. "Allow me," you  heard a voice behind you and hands on your's. You moved your hands away and felt your face grow red, Sebastian was standing there seeing you indecent. He untied it and pulled it open some for you before retying it to your normal liking. You didn't know what to say, you felt stunned. "T-thank you." You shuttered. "My Lady," he began helping you into your skirts. "It's my duty as the a Phantomhive servant to assist were needed." You turned around and faced him as he pulled your dress over you and buttoned it up to your neck. He moved the folding screen out of the way and picked up your shoes. You sat down as he put them on you. He handed you your bag and gloves and escorted you back to the front of the shop. "Thank you for visiting for the fitting. Seems from that the dress is ready to be sent back with you today." You smiled, "thank you." Sebastain opened the door for you and the seamstress handed him the box. You reached for the carriage door but was quickly stopped by Sebastian who opened it for you. "Please place it with me." You motioned to the interior of the carriage. "Yes, my Lady." You stepped in and he placed the box on the opposite bench.

It was time to find a Christmas gift for the Lord. You stopped at a few stores that were next to each other as Sebastian stayed with the carriage and kept an eye on you. You visited a tailor's shop, thinking that he might like a new tie. You also visited a cane maker but realized that you didn't know the height, wood type, and so on that the Lord would like and need. Feeling a bit stumped, you visited the bookshop. A bell rang as you opened the door, an older man was standing up on a ladder putting books away but greeted you as you walked in. "Hello," he stated, walking down the ladder. "How can I help you today?" "I am looking for a Christmas gift for a friend, but not too sure exactly to give." The book seller smiled, "You can to the right place then, no one dislikes a thoughtful book." You nodded, feeling like this was a bit of a last resort rather than the ideal gift. "What kind of books does your friend enjoy?" You paused for a moment, realizing that you never saw Ciel read anything than business documents. "Books about business." You felt ridiculous saying that. "Yes, of course. Our books in business, taxation, and law are on the first shelves on the left." He pulled out a pocket watch, "oh my, it's almost time for tea." He mentioned. "I won't take up much of your time sir." You walked over the book shelves. None of these seemed to be interesting nor would the lord probably read them. You lended over and your scarf fell in the way. "Scarf?" You thought. You beamed, "I can get him a scarf." You thought, feeling happy. You ran out the door, thanking the shop keeper. You hurried to the store next door and browsed their selection of scarfs. A deep navy blue one caught your eye. "Ah yes, this is one is handmade in Italy. It was dyed in Germany by the craftsmen." You shop owner stated. "You can see such care and precision went into making this scarf madame." You nodded and reached for you coin purse. "Yes, it's very lovely. How much?" The man boxed it up for you and paid him. You stepped outside to see the snow gently falling to the ground. You pulled your cloak around you a bit tighter and walked back to where Sebastian left the carriage. Rounding the corner, you saw the butler tending to the horses. He bowed and opened the carriage door for you. You stepped inside and you made your way home, satisfied with your gift to Ciel.

Upon your return to the manor, Sebastian helped you step out and carry your dress box. You held Ciel's gift firmly in your hand. The doors opened and you greeted by Mey-Rin who was asked to take the boxes to your chambers. You stared at the Christmas tree in the hall, every time you saw it, the more magical it felt. Sebastian took your hat, gloves, scarf, and cloak from you. "I will have tea prepared shortly, my Lady." He bowed. "Lord Phantomhive also requested to see you upon your return." You nodded and thanked Sebastian as you made your way up the stairs to his office. You knocked before hearing a faint "Come in" on the opposite side of the door. You entered into the large office, Ciel rarely changed anything in the office, the same books on the same shelves and the fireplace roaring in flames. You walked slowly to his desk as he looked up at you. "(Y/N)," he began as you sat down. "Thank you for visiting." You stared at him, "Is there something you need, Lord Phantomhive?" You questioned curiously. You hoped that you weren't in trouble with him. "Yes, this is one of our weekly meet ups. Sebastian found the free time on both of our schedules. Please do tell me how business is going." The two of you spoke for a little bit about the status of everything. Sebastian returned with tea as the two of you talked  some more. You realized that you did not ask him about his trip to London. He never talked about his work and relation to the queen but you were curious nonetheless. He quickly dismissed all conversation of it. Feeling a bit awkward, you tried to ask him what he enjoys for leisure as you have not really ever seen the Lord outside of his focuses for work. He stated that he "doesn't have time for such nonsense". You asked about his preferences in food, fashion, politics, etc. but each answer was rather dismissive. You felt a bit defeated and upset at his lack of respect. As you finished you tea, a few moments of silence fell over you two. You rose from your seat, thanked the Lord for the chat, and departed back to your room.