4. Childhood Promise

Gu Xian sits in front of a special furnace made for refining materials. He has no talent in alchemy. His mind won't stop thinking about refining materials.

I could create my own equipment and saved money. Earning decent living.

He stares at the furnace like a man in love.

A refiner is like a blacksmith in game. I could be like Grid, pagma's descendant. A legendary figure in Satisfy Game.

His imagination gets the better of him. He can't wait to make his first creation.

Yin Mo tilts his head. Gu Xian is usually calm. Strange to see his eyes look shining like this.

One could dream as much as he could.

Three hours later, Gu Xian walks out from the rented room in slow pace. He spend a lot of inferior spirit stones to craft a dagger. His life saving. Turned into ashes in front of his eyes.

Crafting is harder than his imagination. He isn't a genius like Yin Mo. Just an ordinary low level villain in this world. Probably one level higher than a canon fodder.

The system is laughing hard in his mind. After years of cohabitation, they have developed love-hate relationships. Mostly hate.

The system won't allow him to trade his hard earned points for items. Gu Xian won't listen to his order to harm or manipulate Yin Mo.

It has been stalemate for few years. The system would try to cut his points for breaking rules. Gu Xian would earn back points by making progress in his cultivation.

Yin Mo asks, "Not working?"

Gu Xian shakes his head.

Yin Mo says, "You will succeed in the future. Just need more practice."

Gu Xian forces a smile

Gu Xian forces a smile. His heart is crying for losing all his money. That's why the smile looks a bit ugly.

"Are you hungry?" asks him.

The boy shakes his head. His belly grumbles loud, protesting his lie. Gu Xian laughs and rubs his head. They head to riverside behind the sect.

Gu Xian takes off his shirt and rolls up his pants. He grabs a bamboo spear and hunts for fish.

Yin Mo stares a large scar on his chest. There are many old scars on him.

He asks, "How did you get injured?"

"This? Probably from an old beast."

Yin Mo squints his eyes. His suspicion grows deeper. It looked like a cut from sword. Not from beast claw. He kept wondering if Gu Xian was his savior that night.

Gu Xian is a good hunter. He has captured five fish. Yin Mo gathers up fish and Gu Xian cleans them up. He begins to grill their meal.

He tries to control the fire using his soul power. Ended up with scorched fish.