50. Demon Girl

Gu Xian eats a meat bun. Yin Mo is eating chicken feets. The village might be a small one. The tea house serves excellent dimsum.

Some local farmers are gossiping in the next table.

"Old Wang was found dead in the woods."

"Another one? We must unite and kill that beast."

"We should have never let that monster kid live in our village at first place."

Yin Mo shudders out of rage. Monster kid. People used to label him like that in his village. He got bullied in daily life. Once he almost died.

Maybe if Master hadn't taken him away, he would have died. As usual, he has complicated emotions regarding his Master.

Gu Xian holds his hand. Yin Mo smiles weakly to him. His hubby nods his head. Wang Su immediately sets out. It's his duty to gather info.

A plain looking man approaches them with a wine jar.

Wang Su asks, "I overheard your conversation. There is a monster here?"

He pours wine to their empty cups.

The farmers act friendly to someone who gave them free drink.

One of them explains, "Half demon brat. Her mom used to be our villager. That's why we let her stay. Big mistake. She killed our people."

Another farmer adds, "We will round up men and kill her. She can't live another day."

"Where is she?" asks Wang Su.

"Probably hiding in the woods."

Wang Su leaves the wine jar for them. He goes back to report to his Master.

Yin Mo suddenly asks, "Could we save her?"

"Sure. Let's meet her first."

His wifey is a half demon too. He must feel sad for her.

They finish their meal and leave the tea house. It's too late to venture into woods so they check in at a local farmer house.

The village is so small. There hardly any traveler crosses this God forsaken place. It's just in their route to Xuan Wu mountain.

The dense woods are too dark even in the morning. Sunlight could barely illuminated the ground. It feels damp and musty in the woods.

Villagers are holding torches while venturing deeper into the woods. They are determined to kill her. Each one of them are carrying machetes.

One of the villagers mocks, "It's a shame. She will grow pretty just like her mom."

"Don't be silly. That demon child would eat you up."

Gu Xian and the others follow behind them. Yin Mo squints his eyes. He tightens his fists.

These farmers are no good men. It seems half of them have been rejected by the child's mom in the past. They slandered the dead woman by spreading evil gossips about her.

Suddenly vines strangle them. Trapping them like preys.