27. Kiss Of Death

"Yin Mo, I'm sorry..."

That's the first phrase he said when Gu Xian opened his eyes again. He feels so weak. Not much spiritual aura within his body.

"You scared me. Don't be so reckless next time."

Gu Xian has passed out for two days.

Yin Mo has fed him five pills before his condition stabilized.

According to the old alchemist diaries, this secret realm is a paradise for a herbalist. Many weird and unique plants could be found here.

The illusion tree is just one of them.

Gu Xian meditates and he examines his Dantian sea.

The damn tree! My Dantian sea is almost empty. It'll take a long time to refill it again. I suddenly missed that annoying system...

Gu Xian often got electrocuted alive when he cursed the Creator for being unfair to Yin Mo.

Each thunderbolt transmitted large energy into his Dantian sea. It's like his secret cheat in cultivation.

After the system bailed out, he never suffered thunderbolts again. His cultivation also went stagnant a lot.

Yin Mo hugs him and whimpers in his ears.

"Ge, you scared me..."

"I'm sorry..."

Gege means big Brother in Chinese language.

They hug for a while. The spirit beasts have left the room. Giving privacy to the couples.

Gu Xian looks around him.

He asks, "Where are we?"

"In Cloud pavilion. Ge, I found a treasure."

Yin Mo brags about how he got numerous jade slips about medicines.

Gu Xian caresses his head. His wifey is the true son of heaven. He found treasures in this secret realm.

He says, "My ancestor would be happy to know he got a successor."

He has heard rumors about the old alchemist. He died alone, leaving no disciple. He used all his time to practice alchemy, searching for the way of immortality.

In the end, he failed. He died somewhere unknown. His vast research results were also lost.

A hundred years have passed when the Gu family gave up searching for his secret hideout. The old alchemist was considered a false myth in their family. A red herring.

Gu Xian staggers a bit.

Yin Mo stuffs another pill into his mouth. He refined it using the new method. Imbuing healing spell into the pill.

The Bei Ming pill melted in his mouth. Gu Xian feels rejuvenated, much quicker than ordinary pills.

He stretches his body and claims, "I'm fully healed. Any news on Duan Lang?"

"Not yet. The realm is too vast to walk on foot."

"Never mind. No news is good news. Bet that weirdo is having fun with his boyfriend."

"Could we send Wang Su to scout his whereabouts? I'm worried about him."

"Okay. We should just wait here for now."

Wang Su grumbles when he got sent out. His Master is going to cook delicious meal for Madame. He won't get a share if he came back too late.

Few miles from the pavilion...