Extra Story

An elderly man is standing in front of main branch Gu Restaurant. He is going to meet Patriarch Gu here.

His subordinate reported the Patriarch often spent his time here, trying to create new dishes.

Yue Ran is standing next to him. She looks nervous. The Phoenix Patriarch almost went berserk when she informed him about Feng Yi's condition.

Gu Xian wipes his dirty face with his sleeve. Phoenix Patriarch has suddenly paid him a visit.

Ling Xiao has sent him a letter to warn him about the Phoenix Patriarch. He said the old geezer will try to take his son away. No further explanation given.

Gu Xian has just finished cooking in the kitchen restaurant earlier. He sniffs his clothes and frowns.

Gu Xian changes his sweaty clothes before he meets the Patriarch.

He cupped his hands and bends his body slightly.

The Phoenix Patriarch nods his head. This fellow is polite enough to older folks. Many cultivators have become haughty bullies after they got stronger.

The old man asks, "Do you know why I come here?"

"To eat?"

"To meet your son."

It isn't lunch time yet. Few tables remain empty. Gu Xian points to a nearby table.

They sit down.

Gu Xian waves and a waiter approaches them. He orders tea and the new dish he just cooked earlier.

Feng Lao, Patriarch Phoenix manages to keep his face still when two bowls of foods are placed on the table.

The fragrant smell is too much. He could tell this is a delicious meal.

Gu Xian pours a cup of tea for the older man.

He announces, "This is a rare dish. It's called Buddha jumped over the wall."

A little boy dashes and leaps to the table. Gu Xian catches him before he crashes to the dish.

This brat! He's like a cat, always trying to steal foods. How did he know I finish cooking?

Gu Xian puts him down and gives him a pairs of chopsticks.

Feng Lao frowns when he stares at Gu Bao. The foodie doesn't care about anything right now. He just eats his fill.

Gu Xian caresses his head.

He scolds, "Eat slower. No one is grabbing with you."

"En."

Feng Lao drinks his tea in elegant manner. It must be a mistake. Feng Yi is an educated man. He isn't a glutton person.

He moves his chopsticks and begins to eat.

Shark fin soup. Nothing special.

Feng Lao has no interest in human foods. He takes a bite.

A spark hits his tongue the minute he eats the dish.

Heavenly taste!

He couldn't help but gobbles up the shark fin soup.

Chewy sea cucumbers. Tasty abalone. A lot of precious and expensive ingredients in one bowl.

One bowl could replenish Qi to the highest level. The rumor isn't wrong. One meal in Gu restaurant is similar to full cultivation for a month.

Gu Bao has finished his bowl. Licked it clean. His teary eyes are staring at his Dad. He looks pitiful.

Gu Xian chuckles and orders another bowl for him.