28. Death For Gu Family

The sun has just risen from the East. Birds are singing, welcoming the new day.

White sandy beach. Waves are rushing to shore, creating nature's beautiful lullaby.

Around fifty men and women are standing in the beach area. All of them are members of Gu family.

No one has mood to enjoy the beautiful sceneries.

Gu Wang and Gu Ming are facing each others. Swords in their hands are raised.

They are standing in a simple arena created in the beach.

Today is the day they fight to death. Only one of them could walk out alive from this place.

The patriarch is standing at a temporary podium. He stares fondly to his youngest son, Gu Ming. He is a prodigy since early childhood.

His favorite child, Gu Ming won't fail him. He has high hopes for him. The one who would raise the Gu family into a superior one in the near future.

Swords clash and create sparks.

Both Gu Wang and Gu Ming are talented swordsmen. They fight with everything they have. Minor injuries are unavoidable when they fight.

Elder Gu (Fake) clenches his fists. He is dead worried about his lover, Gu Wang. He has pleaded many times. Gu Wang won't withdrawn from this death contest.

There is a reason why. If Gu Wang refused to fight, the patriarch will send members to hunt them down.

There is only one way out for Gu Wang. Kill or be killed. No other option.

Yin Mo tilts his head.

He whispers to Duan Lang, "No worries. He will be okay. Believe in him."

After ten rounds, Gu Ming avoids the attack and stabs forward. Gu Wang also stabs at the same time. Both of them got stabbed in the same time.

Gu Ming falls backwards when his older brother pulls out his sword. Blood spurts out from his wound.

"NO!" yells their father, the patriarch.

He runs and lifts up Gu Ming. He feels the pulse. It's very weak. He forces his mouth to open to feed the pill.

Too late. The pulse is gone. Gu Ming has died in his arms.

Gu Wang chuckles.

He mocks, "You never see this coming, oh, father?"

There is a huge mocking tone in his voice.

Gu Wang mocks, "Fight to death. Today is the death for our family."

Blood spurts from his chest wound when he pulls the sword out. He falls backwards. His lover catches his body before he crashes to the sand.

Fake Elder Gu is holding him. His voice sounded choked when he feels his pulse.

He announces,"Gu Wang has died..."

"Impossible!" roars the patriarch.

There has never been double deaths in the contest of death. He checks Gu Wang's pulse. His eyes reddened.

Five children. All of them died. His late wife would be scorning him from underworld. She's always against this traditional ritual.

Elder Gu orders, "Prepare the burial ceremony."

To prevent heavy grief, the corpse always got buried after contest was over. It's another old tradition in their family.

Gu Xian lifts up Gu Ming carefully.