16. Not Looking Back

Gu Xian carries Yin Mo out of town. His body is feeling powerful. Energy kept swirling in his veins. He is convinced he is going to make a break through soon.

He doesn't know it's the side effect of dual cultvation with Yin Mo. Someone with Yin physique is always valuable.

People often capture them for dual cultivations. Making them into human furnaces.

Many brothels in big cities offer whores in Yin physiques for lazy rich cultivators.

"Big Brother?"

"Hmm..."

"I've reached late stage Qi refining. Thanks to you."

Yin Mo blushes. Their fun time last night resulted in soaring cultivation.

Yin physique has slower cultivation rate. Dual cultivation could improve the speed.

Gu Xian only nods his head. He doesn't know they have done it last night.

He frowns and asks, "Late stage? You are the same phase with me... How?"

From his aura, Yin Mo felt like someone in first stage of Qi refining.

Gu Xian asks, "Aren't you in first stage?"

Yin Mo says, "Remember the black ring you gave me? It could suppress my aura. Lowering down my cultivation for few phases."

"I see. It's a good thing. Don't forget to wear it."

"Of course. I always wear it."

Yin Mo smirks. It's his promise ring. Of course he won't take it off.

Others would think Yin Mo as a weakling based on his aura. It's a good thing. Pretending to be pig to eat tiger. His foes would lower down their guards because he is a weakling.

Gu Xian says, "I better improve my cultivation soon. Can't let you catch up with me."

Yin Mo almost blurts out his thought. Suggesting dual cultivation to speed up their progress. He bites his lips and says nothing.

Gu Xian would be angry if he knew what happened last night. No one loves being tricked.

They finally stop in a cave.

Gu Xian cleans it up before he spreads a quilt on the ground.

He orders, "You rest here. I'm going to find food."

"Okay."

Yin Mo closes his eyes and gathers up Qi from the surroundings.

Gu Xian returns few hours later with a dead pheasant. He grills it and gives half of it to Yin Mo. The boy eats his meal happily. His man is a great cook.

Gu Xian rubs his chest. He couldn't delay it anymore.

He says, "I'm going to have a breakthrough soon. You stay here."

"I'll go with you."

"Don't get too close."

"Yes."

They go uphill.

Gu Xian sits down in lotus position. He closes his eyes and concentrates. Focusing his restless energy in his meridians.

Yin Mo looks back when someone steps on a dry branch. His face turns pale when he sees the man.

His Master looks like a maniac with pale gray face and messy hair. He grins evilly when staring Yin Mo. As if he is staring a delicious steak.

Yin Mo gulps.

Gu Xian is making a breakthrough. He will be dead if there is a backlash. Dark clouds are gathering above him. It's almost time to face heaven tribulations.