37. Ascend

Gu Xian sighs while rubbing his chest. It's hard to be a poor man. Every expense sliced through his heart.

He has just paid money for info. Crane Tower will give the results in a week top. He will know where to find materials to repair broken Thunder Saber.

Gu Xian rubs his chest again. It's another suffocated feeling.

Nope. It ain't heart disease. As a cultivator, I'm in prime health.

Yin Mo notices his body gestures.

He asks, "Gege, what's wrong?"

"It's almost time to ascend. I've been suppressing it too long."

Yin Mo smirks. Their dual cultivations work for both of them. He has increased his cultivation base too.

Gu Xian stops rubbing his chest. He can't delay it anymore. He has to face the heavenly tribulation again.

Other cultivators only face 9 or 18 thunderbolts. Creator really hates me. I got 36 thunderbolts everytime I ascend. As if she's roasted me alive.

Gu Xian stares his wifey. At least Xin and others will keep him safe. He won't be abducted like the last time he faced heavenly tribulation.

He buys materials from a store. He goes back to the Inn and refines the umbrella. He upgraded it using magic tools taken from Gu family's dead assassins.

It takes three days to complete the refining.

Gu Xian offers the umbrella to him. It looks a bit dazzling. The color has changed into pink.

He scratches his head.

I'm still puzzled why my crafted items sometimes ended up looking weird. Fortunately Yin Mo never complaint about it.

Yin Mo opens the umbrella. It has been strengthened. Hubby said it could withstand blows taken from golden core cultivators.

Gu Xian rubs his head.

He says, "I will go and face heavenly tribulation. You stay in the Inn."

"No. I'm coming with you. Someone needs to guard you."

"Okay. Don't get too close. The thunderbolts might be fierce."

"Gege, why you always faced horrible thunderbolts?"

"Let's just say I pissed someone off by refusing to play her script."

No further explanation. Gu Xian never tells him about the Creator and her wicked script.

Gu Xian is sitting on top of a hill, far south east of the city. He inhales a deep breath.

It's useless to create a magic array to protect himself. It's useless to make a lightning rod to reduce the lightning.

The Creator is determined to make him suffer during heavenly tribulations.

It's okay. As long as I could keep Yin Mo safe from harm.

Dark clouds are gathering on top of the hill when he prepares to ascend.

Yin Mo and the others are waiting at foot of the hill.

Xin looks upward and then whistles. That's a huge tribulation. It's just Nascent soul stage.

People would think the cultivator uphill is having trial to half immortal stage.

Xin asks, "Master isn't a devil cultivator, right? Why such huge tribulation?"

Wang Su shakes his head. As far as he knows, Master is an upright cultivator.