Chapter 3

~

You had woken up a while ago, chilling in your cell.

The footsteps of guards and researchers echoed through the halls outside your cell, but you didn't pay any mind to it. You rested your hands behind your head, relaxing.

You let your mind wonder about the SCP's in the facility.

While Doctor Bright had been asleep, you had a sneak peek at a few other SCP's. For example, SCP - 173, and SCP - 049.

SCP - 049 intrigued you a lot, mainly because of his description.

Personally, you liked people with a French accent. It reminded you of one of your close friends. Their voice was heavenly to listen to, in your opinion.

Sadly though, they had to moved to another city because of .. personal reasons.

Then, there was SCP - 173.

You prayed to God that you wouldn't  get tested on that statue. Even though you were pretty good at keeping your eyes open, the last thing you wanted to see was someone's neck getting snapped before your very eyes.

You cringed at the thought of it. You'd definitely be left with a scar for life .. not that your life would last that long, anyway.

A feeling of guilt crept itself upon you.

' .. If I had just said no to Joseph, both of us wouldn't be in this horrible situation.' You sat up, leaning against the wall beside your bed.

'My life isn't what's important here. I don't give a shit if I die. I'm just upset because .. Joseph might die too. He doesn't even know we won't be getting out of here ..' Negative thoughts raced through your mind.

'If I had just been the good little girl everyone thought I was, none of this would have happened. I would have had a normal, boring life .. and Joseph would be safe.' You felt tears welling up in your eyes.

You covered your face with the palms of your hands, doing your best to wipe the stream of tears away. You hoped he was okay. You wouldn't be able to handle the guilt if he died by your means.

Before you could continue guilt tripping yourself, the door to your cell slid open.

There stood a guard, gun ready in his hand. "D - 7455, please step out of your cell for testing."

You did as told, keeping your eyes glued to the floor. With another harsh shove with the tip of a gun, you started trudging forward.

After turning a few corners and going down a few elevators, you came face to face with a .. pretty ugly containment cell.

There were about two other people there. A random class - D and .. Joseph!?

You beamed in excitement, running up behind him and giving him the biggest hug you could possibly manage.

"W-woah, huh?" He turned to look at you. A smile formed on his lips once he noticed who you were, hugging you back.

"Hey Y/N .. I missed ya." He murmured, stroking your hair as he did so.

"I missed you too, you dummy." You released yourself from the hug.

You took notice of a small sign attached to the containment cell you were going to enter.

That's when your blood ran cold ..

SCP - 035.

Joseph seemed to take notice of your overly panicked state, gripping your shoulders with both of his hands.