Chapter 5

~

You felt yourself slowly come back to your senses. The sound of people rushing around you filled the room. You wanted to open your eyes, but you couldn't. Your body was in so much pain, to the point where there slightest of movements felt like you were being crushed.

You felt like you were on a bed, like those ones in doctors surgeries? You know, the ones with plastic wrapped over them. You tried to talk, but it came out as more of a small whimper. Still though, just that one sound from you was enough to make everyone in the room go quiet.

You heard someone walk over to you, placing a hand on your arm. "Y/N? Are you awake?" You heard the person say. It sounded like Doctor Bright. Of course he was here, if you died- who would do his work for him? You tried to respond, opening your mouth slightly. Of course, another whimper.

Bright mumbled, speed-walking off to talk to a few doctors. It felt like a million things were happening to your body at once. It felt so weird .. so tingly. You let out a few breaths. You hadn't noticed that your whole body was shaking violently. How on earth did this happen? You just wanted to pass away, but instead you lived- feeling a shit-load of pain.

Another doctor walked over to you, placing a hand on your forehead. "Uh .. D - 7455, could you please try and open your eyes for me?" They asked. You made a slight annoyed huff, can't they just call you by your name? You took a few deep breaths, mustering up enough strength to try and open your eyes.

Your eyes slowly fluttered open, but only halfway. It felt like your eyes were burning at a million degrees a minute, making you wince in pain. Still though, you managed to keep them open a bit. You saw the doctor who was in front of you flinch, taking a step away from you once you opened your eyes. You had a look of confusion on your face.

The pain had subsided a bit, so you could move around a bit. You slowly lifted your hands up to your eye level, looking at them. Your hands looked normal, part for a few veins now showing. Your body must be in a lot of pain. A few scientists were observing you, taking notes like you were some kind of animal. You attempted to look at them, but then you felt a few restrains on your arms.

Wait- restrains? Why would they need to restrain you? You're just a class - D, and you could barely move anyway. It seemed like everyone was cautious with going near you now, which made you a bit frustrated. " .. w-why am I restrained ..?" You managed to stutter out, your voice sounding raspy. Doctor Bright burst into the room once again, a few pain pills in his hand.

"Hey, Is Y/N finally awa- .. Y/N?" Doctor Bright asked, narrowing his eyes at you. You blinked a few times, before looking around in confusion. All of the scientists looked at each other nervously, not sure what to say. Doctor bright approached you, looking at your face. " .. is th-there something wrong .. ?" You asked, feeling the pain in your body ease slightly.

" .. Y/N, your eyes." Doctor Bright said. More confusion was seen from you. Bright started scurrying around a bit, digging on a nearby desk for something. He then pulled out a mirror, quickly walking over towards you. He hesitated a bit, before holding out the mirror in front of you.

" ... " You had absolutely no words at this point. You stared at yourself in awe. Your eyes. Your once normal eyes, were now as dark as an endless abyss. Your once brown pupils were gone. Instead, they were replaced with a light, beautiful cyan pupil. They glowed in the already bright room. This couldn't be real, right?

" .. I must be seeing things. " You said, looking away from the mirror. Bright shook his head, placing the mirror down slowly. " .. what did he do to you .. " Bright said to himself, not taking his eyes off you. All the scientists were staring at you, making you nervous. 'Oh god- oh god this isn't good. Wh-what if he turned me into some weird mutant SCP?! Wait- if I'm an SCP then .. oh god- I don't wanna be an SCP, I just wanna go home- I-I .. ' You started panicking in your mind, making you start to hyperventilate.