Chapter 14

~

You kept your eyes glued to the floor, lost in your thoughts. 'Maybe if I tried removing the patients fallo- .. wait no. That's for fucking female patients, what does that even have to do with the pestilence? Wait, did I just hear footsteps? No, no. That's probably just my imagination. God I'm getting sidetracked.' You groaned in annoyance, massaging your temples. 'Quite the thoughts you're having there, Mon amour.' A voice boomed in your head. You gave 035 an annoyed glance, before turning your attention to your feet once again. After a while, you noticed the dark walls around you start to get lighter, until you were face to face with two doors.

049 stopped, staring at them. " .. we'll need a level three keycard to at least get out of the heavy containment area." 049 mumbled. Just fucking great. You didn't have a keycard. "Maybe we should try looking around a bit?" You said, glancing at two other doors nearby. "Good idea. I'll check in the room on the left. You and 035 check that surveillance room, someone could have left something in there." 049 directed. You nodded your head, heading over to the door without a word.

"Y'know, you're a bit too obedient for your own good." 035 said, trudging over to you. "Tch. Obedience my ass. I just wanna get out of here." You mumbled, pressing the button to the surveillance room. The door slid open, revealing a number of cameras. As soon as the door opened you froze, observing the room. You cautiously entered the room, looking around. " .. I can sense someone in here." You said, looking at a nearby desk. It was the type of table with no legs, it just went straight from the top to the bottom, so you couldn't see the other side.

"And, I think that someone .. is right over there." 035 giggled, pointing towards the table you were looking at. As soon as 035 said that, you heard frantic breathing from underneath the table. A small grin crept itself onto your face. Each one of your footsteps made a 'tap' sound against the tiles, as you made your way towards the desk. Humming a soft tune, you bent down. You had expected to see a Class - D, or a random scientist. But no .. it was-

"Scaredy cat?" You asked, looking down at the trembling figure. "Y- Y/N!! P-please don't k- kill me, I- I'll do anything just‐ just-" Lenards smaller brother broke out into a full blown sob, trying his best to get away from you. 035 walked over to your side, staring down at the figure at your feet. You both silently stared at him weeping his eyes out. After a couple of minutes, his crying died down to small sobs mixed with hiccups. 035 stood there, arms crossed. "This really is pathetic to watch." He said, scratching his arm impatiently. "Indeed." You agreed, putting a hand on your hip.

Scaredy cat stared up at you with fearful eyes, tears still streaming down his face. "I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna-" "Are you done? This is getting sad." You cut him off abruptly, rubbing the bridge of your beak - like mask in annoyance. He sniffed, averting his gaze from you both, especially 035. Humming, you knelt down to him. His breathing became heavy, as he tried shuffling backwards, forgetting he was in a corner. How stupid. "Now, you said you don't want to die, correct?" You asked, your cyan eyes piercing through his soul.

Scaredy cat nodded frantically, staring at you nervously. You then held your hand out towards him. "Well, if you wish to live .. we'll be needing that keycard of yours. If you give it to us, we might just .. " Your hand hovered over his neck, making him start to hyperventilate frantically in panic. " .. consider .. letting you live. Do you understand?" You asked. Your voice was hushed, yet intimidating. The metallic tint to your voice also gave your voice an eerie vibe. Scaredy cat nodded, desperately digging in his lab coat pockets for his keycard.

He then pulled out a level four keycard, holding it out to you with wobbling hands. "H-Here!" He squeaked, a few loose tears still streaming down his face. With a slight hum, you took hold of the card. Looking over it, you nodded your head. "A-alright! Please l- leave .. " He stuttered, pointing over to the door with his shaky hands. You stared at him for a second, a cocky grin reaching your features. "Hmm .. well .. " Your hand hovered along his jawline, keeping him frozen in fear. With just one touch, he would be dead.