Chapter 11

~

You, 049, and 035 were silently walking through the hallways .. or, you and 049 were being silent. 035, who was following you closely, was humming a soft tune. The ball of orange slime sitting on your shoulders was softly gurgling along with the tune 035 hummed, seeming rather calm. You, on the other hand, were trapped in your thoughts. You were currently thinking of numerous options of which you could try on your patients, to get them to act normal upon curing them.

You all took a turn, heading towards an elevator. "Finally, an elevator. I thought we were gonna be stuck on this floor forever." You mumbled to yourself, pressing a button to call up the elevator. "Indeed. But when we enter the next floor, there will be many more SCP's there, so we will need to be extra cautious." 049 explained, the elevator door opening with a small 'ding.' Hm, more SCP's? Sounds like something exciting. You were craving something a bit more exciting, due to 999 raising your spirits.

You entered the elevator after 049, waiting for 035 to enter afterwards. "Well?" You asked, gesturing to inside the elevator when you noticed him just standing there. 035 seemed to tilt his head, his purple irises brightening. "I thought you didn't want me to go near you? I can't blame you, though. I'm irresistible, after all~" 035 snickered, making you glare at him, unamused. "Well, if you say so." You said, pressing for the elevator doors to close. Before they could, though, 035 swiftly slid his way inside, in front of you two.

"You're so harsh on me, my sweet. I've only been nothing but absolutely kind to you. It truly does make me upset, you know?" 035 said, sighing loudly as he leant his hosts body on the walls of the elevator. " yOu'Re sO hArSh oN mE, mY sWeEt. iT tRuLy dOeS uPseT mE, yoU knOw?" You mimicked his voice sarcastically, swaying your head side to side for added effect. 035 stared at you for a moment. You heard him inhaling to say something, but the elevator doors opened with a similar 'ding' sound.

049 was the first to walk out, seeming rather uncomfortable with being near you two while you talked. He probably felt like a third wheel, poor guy. You quickly made your way out of the elevator, not wanting to stay in that confined space any longer. 035 speed-walked after you, chortling childishly. With a small pull, 035 fleetly grabbed the ball of slime off your shoulders and began sprinting away. You gasped, balling your fists up in annoyance. "What the hell!? Give him back!!" You shouted, running after 035.

"No-can-do Y/N, catch me if you can!~" 035 shouted, running past, and ahead of 049. 049 stared at 035 running away in amusement, not speeding up or making any attempt to help you get 999 back. " .. typical 035." He murmured, you now running past him at full sprint after 035. "035!! I'm being serious, give him back to me, asshole!!!" You shouted angrily, spotting 035 taking a corner.

Dashing after him, you turned the corner he did, only to find .. he wasn't there? You looked around, looking rather peeved. "03-" A pair of arms wrapped around your mouth, pulling you into a dark room. In panic, you tried to pry off the arms of the unknown thing pulling you back, but in response, it harshly shoved you against a wall, holding a knife to your throat. "Dont. Make. A. Sound." You heard a voice say. It was robotic, even more than yours.

Holding your hands up in defense, you shook your head frantically. They had blood red eyes .. well, one red eye. Was this some kind of robot? Glancing down, you noticed they had a glowing core on their chest, attached to a couple of thick wires. After a couple of seconds, they looked at you up and down. "What exactly are you suppose to be? You look like that plague doctor .." they said, narrowing their eyes. Taking a deep breath, you cleared your throat. "Well .. perhaps I could tell you if you take that weapon away from my neck?" You asked serenely.

They seemed to hesitate at first, but slowly removed it from your neck. Taking a moment to breath, you realized you couldn't see their face because of how dark it was. "State your business here. You almost attracted the attention of that .. object by screaming like that, are you crazy!?" They asked, seeming angry. Chuckling nervously, you moved away from them a bit. "Apologies, my friend." You said, looking around the room for a light switch. "Um .. I can't really see your face, could you show me where the light switch is?-" You asked, not wanting to seem like a threat to them.