Chapter 4

~

You sat on a bench, A familiar face sitting right next to you. With a soft giggle, you wrapped your arms around the brotherly figure beside you.

You were at a quaint little picnic, your smaller sibling running around the beautiful scenery happily whilst chasing butterflies.

Your mother was relaxing near a lake, enjoying the calming atmosphere.

Everything was so .. peaceful. Something you haven't felt in a long time.

Suddenly, you felt the figure beside you stand up. Taking a moment to look up at him, you shot him a warm smile. "Hm, Joseph? Where are you going?"

Glancing down at you, he returned your comforting smile.

"I'm just gonna use the bathroom real quick, be right back!" He zoomed away, approaching the nearest bathroom stall.

You laughed internally to yourself. Jeez, he's such a goof!

Taking in a long, deep breath, you began to embrace the peaceful aura. Nothing could take away this .. everything was exactly how you wanted it to be.

As time went by, the sky seemed to dim to a pale grey, filling with dark, gloomy clouds.

You saw this, getting up. "Mom! Sis, we should go now, it's getting- .. Mom? Sis?"

You took a look around the area, noticing they'd both disappeared. 'Maybe they left without me ..' You thought.

Joseph hadn't left the bathroom yet. He'd been in there for a little over 15 minutes now. What did he eat?

You made your way towards the bathroom with a skip in your step, knocking on the door. "Helloooo? Joseph? You've been in there for a while now, you struggling in there?" You snickered.

No response.

You frowned, huffing in irritation. You would have continued to bang furiously on the door, if .. something hadn't caught your eye.

There was something .. red .. leaking under the door in a large crimson puddle. You took a step back as it nearly reached your feet.

You stared at it for a moment. " ..J-Joseph ..?" You called out softly, hastily pushing open the door.

(Edit: 15/11/2022, y'all I'm editing this chapter and wondering what the actual fuck i wrote 💀)

Your breath hitched, eyes widening in horror..

Joseph lay injured on the ground. He clenched his shoulder, or.. what remained of it, in visible pain. You tiptoe'd through the blood quickly, approaching the horrific sight.

His shoulder had been completely blown out, blood spewing onto the floor.

In a panic, you beant down, holding the fabric which made up your skirt against the wound in a useless attempt to stop some of the bleeding.

"JOSEPH! C- can you hear me? God- what the fuck happened- whathefuckhappened-" You blabbered in incomprehensible English, attempting your best to do anything to help him.

Which was .. stupid, on your end. Considering he'd lost so much blood already it'd formed a pool of it around you two.